“With such rates one can find much better...”

Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper
Ranked #6 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“With such rates one can find much better...”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The whole thing began badly or, at least, i should have understood. When you write an e-mail for a reservation and three days later there is no answer, something is going wrong.
Stupidly enough I insisted, I got the reservation, I paid an extremely high price, but, and I am sorry to disagree with other reviewers, I firmly consider it a waste of money : I did not find the staff helpfull, I was surprised to see that, for an hotel of this standing (and price) there were no slippers or bathrobe in the room (in the reception I was told that I have to ask for them !!!, which I did, but half an hour later I still do not have them) and I should be an acrobate to put my clothes in the cupboard.
Pity. Such thing put you in an bad mood....

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Haris55
G G, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Harris 55

Thank you very much for the feedback regarding your recent stay at hte Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised I have adressed your concerns with our team to improve our overall guest experience.

If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. Once again, thank you very much for your feedback.

Angela Barth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in August for 4 days. The hotel's location is close to the main train station (from which we arrived in Frankfurt) as well as the main city centre and river. The hotel decor is modern and professional yet welcoming. The staff were all pleasant and helpful, especially the bar and restaurant staff who were very easy to talk to. They provided good recommendations and were always happy to help. The one bedroom apartment was excellent. There is more than ample room for two people with the in room facilities being excellent, including clothes washing facilities and two TVs. The bed was very comfortable and there was no noise from outside. The balcony provided a limited view into the surrounding buildings but was still nice. Although we didn't use the pool and gym, it looked of a very high standard. The prices in the hotel were fairly reasonable for the level of service provided. Overall we think that this is an excellent hotel and would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
G G, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Brad

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to provide us with your positive feedback.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the helpfulness of our team members as well as you enjoyed the comfort of our Hotel.
Thank you again for your positive feedback regarding the team, hotel and location which I will gladly share with the team.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Frankfurt

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a splendid stay in an Adina in Berlin so when we were travelling to Frankfurt this December we thought we'd give the Adina Neue Oper a try. And we weren't disappointed.
We were travelling with 2 teenagers who love having their own apartment. On this occasion it was located next door which was helpful. We only booked 2 of the most basic studio apartments but they were large and well-equipped. Reading reviews below I was a tad disappointed we were only on the 7th floor, but our view (North) was interesting and the little balcony and long picture window were a real treat, though might be a bit scary with small children.
The hotel is very close to the river and was a short walk from the Christmas Markets (the reason for our visit). It was also very well situated for the Main Station (Hauptbanhof): only a short walk - approx 10 mins - and perfectly do-able with just weekend luggage. There is a U-Bahn station nearby, also the tram though we didn't use them.
The only very slight negative is the lack of any kind of food shops nearby - at least we couldn't find any. With the little kitchenette in the rooms we were hoping to put together some kind of dinner on one of the evenings, but this necessitated quite a long walk over to the main shopping street.
Breakfast is quite expensive at 15 Euros pppn but proved to be worth the money in our case (with growing teenagers). The food was excellent with so much choice - which varied on each of the days. It set us up very well for the day and meant that we barely had to think about lunch! It got very busy around 9am at the weekend, but we always managed to get a table.
Staff were friendly and helpful
The swimming pool is a bonus and we made use of it each day. It is a long narrow metal box which is ideal for no more than 4 people. Fortunately we never encountered more whenever we were there. Rather a major negative is the lack of drainage in the changing room. It was fine in the mornings, but if you swam in the evenings the changing room was completely flooded in the locker area at the entrance which made changing very difficult - and you did have to change as getting to the pool necessitated walking through reception and past the dining room.
There was also a well-equipped gym which my husband had to himself.

When booking online we were unable to confirm whether our rooms would have double or twin beds, but the hotel had taken note of our request and we did get what we had asked for.

The Adina was a bit more expensive than some of the other apartments on offer at the time, but it was definitely worth the bit extra. And a great place for a family stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top would have a better view (South facing gives you the river), however these are the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Clare B
Thank you very much for time taken to complete the review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and especially the great cold and warm buffet breakfast, but we will also investigate the problem you experienced with the flooding in the pool area.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again on your next stay in Frankfurt.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed in the Adina with my adult daughter for three nights on the 27th December in two rooms.I have stayed here here many times before and enjoyed the experience.It is well located being a short walk to the train station,shops and restaurants.
The rooms are quiet and a good size.Some offer a view over the river if you are on a high floor.They have a small kitchenette and comfortable seating area with flat screen tv.The hotel also has gym and pool.
It is a pity that internet access is charged seperately and so expensively.This is really unnecessary in this day and age.Hotels must surely be now aware that most travellers come with an assortment of electronic devices that are totally dependent upon this facility and it is not just a luxury confined to business travellers.
The other incident worth mentioning concerns the management of the breakfast restaurant.I completely enjoyed the restaurant on the first two mornings of my stay[Friday/Saturday] and was well looked after by the staff who were attentive and polite.
On the Sunday morning however I arrived down at 7.30 am and was the first and only customer there.I sat down at a table for four but was told aggressively by the waiter that I could not sit there as he was expecting a lot of people for breakfast.I pointed out tha this was highly unlikely because of the time and it was a Sunday.Despite my protests he would not relent and so we were discourteusly herded to a diminutive table in the far corner of the completely empty restaurant..
Interestingly the only other customers who entered the restaurant during my entire stay that morning were an American couple and their two young children.They sat down at a round table where I observed they had sat on the two previous mornings.Unfortunately for them our officious waiter was having none of this.He raced over and told them loudly that they would have to move as the hotel used that table for groups of six which is interesting as it had only four chairs They too became victims of his misplaced enthusiasm.
All in all the Adina is a nice place to stay at a reasonable price.I perfectly understand that hotels must balance the demands of customers against the exigencies of running a business. However the entire episode described above does leave you wondering what ever happened to "the customer is always right"

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank noel g
G G, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Trekman

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay at the ADINA Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it helps us to meet and exceed our guest´s experience.
I am very sorry to learn about the incident which occured to you at your stay. Please be assured that I immediately talked to our restaurant member to ensure that this does not happen again.
I hope we have the opportunity to accomodate you in the near future and to deliver the customer service you are used to in the ADINA Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at Frankfurt hbf at the end of a week long vacation in Germany with a large amount of luggage. When we got to Adina, ut was about 11am, but were nonetheless hopeful that we could check-in.

Unfortunately, we experienced rather poor service at the front desk. The gentleman who attended to us was adamant we could only check-in after 2pm, and gave clear emphasis on that. He made no attempt to provide alternatives. Only after we requested to leave our luggage with the concierge did he hand us a few luggage tags and indicate that we should leave our bags at the corner for storage later. In the end, we stayed to personally ensure that the staff stored our luggage safely before leaving to tour the city.

Location: Adina is about 15 mins from Frankfurt main hbf. It is also abt 5 mins walk from Willy-Brant-Platz. Quite convenient for train commuters. It was easy to find our way to the city centre and back via trains.

Rooms: There are two views: city and river. The city view that we got was quite breathtaking from the balcony. The room comes with induction cooker, full set of pots and pans, cutlery/ crockery, and even a dishwasher. The dining table was well-appreciated. Good for long stays. Washroom has all the basic toiletries and was clean and well maintained. Room itself was spacious, and the layout well thought-out. We particularly appreciated the couch area where we could hang out by the tv.

Facilities: the hotel has a spa and wellness centre. While we did not use it, we noted that it featured a heated jacuzzi. Perhaps next time.

Extras: the hotel presented us with complimentary drink coupons on check-in. Much appreciated. The barman kindly offerred to provide our choice of drinks.

Cons: wifi is chargeable throughout the hotel. Not very progressive for those of us who are well travelled, but nonetheless it seems to be prevalent throughout Germany.

All on all, a nice place to stay, but they need to up their service. Adina Berlin, which we also stayed at, left a more pleasant impression purely due to better front desk service (we were offered immediate early check-in at 7:45am, no questions).

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Trekmann
Dear Noel G

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your recent stay at the ADINA Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper. Your feedback is highly appreciated as it helps us to meet and exceed our guests expectations.
I am very sorry to learn about the inconvenience you experienced and spoke immediately with our front office team members to improve the overall guest experience.
I hope we have the opportunity to accomodate you in the near future and to deliver the customer service we normally pride ourselves for.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Though you can take a 15min walk from Frankfurt Hbf station to the hotel, if you are carrying luggages with you, you might wanna take U4 or U5 subway to Willy Brandt Platz, which is 1 stop after Frankfurt U-Bahn. From Willy Brandt Platz, the hotel is just 5min walk. That will save your rollers on rough streets.
We were assigned on high floor room with a great view of the city. The room is self contained, with a cosy couch in front of the tv. Couldnt really comment much on the service at the reception desk as service level was pretty bad during peak check-in/check-out hours, yet relatively better service during off peak hours. We were given complimentary welcome cocktail during the evening that we checked in. That was a pleasant surprise.
Overall, this is a conveniently located good apartment hotel.

Room Tip: Opt for higher floor room with view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank breezer_12
G G, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Breezer_12

Thank you for your taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay at the ADINA Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it helps us to meet and exceed our guest`s expectations.
I adressed your concern immediately with my team members to improve the overall guest experience.

Cockenzie and Port Seton, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The studio apartment was perfect, it lovely to have a separate seating area. the kitchen was very equiped . We only stayed two nights so didn't really make much use, but there was a dishwasher, fridge freezer, toaster, kettle, microwave and two wrings and all cutlery etc that you would want.

It was very clean, the food was also nice and all staff we came across were very helpful. The location was great, just under a 10 min walk to the train station and centre of town. We specifically visited to see the Christmas market which was really good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
G G, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear JJchooses

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with such a positive feedback. The team at the ADINA Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper is delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you again at the ADINA Aparment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper in the near future.