“Be Sure to Check Spice Levels!”
Review of Moti Mahal

Moti Mahal
Ranked #1,736 of 2,468 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Description: Enjoy quality, unpretentious Indian food in the Moti Mahal, with its decor being a charming blend of German shabby-chic and Indian extravagance. At the Moti Mahal, the range of delicious food on offers means that you will find everything you would expect from a great Indian restaurant, with one of the particular strong points being the vegetarian dishes. There are around 20 different vegetarian meals on the menu, with each one served up in abundance and with friendly service.
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Be Sure to Check Spice Levels!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

When we went here it seemed as though it was closed, it was so empty.

The staff were really friendly but I wish I'd asked about how spicy they would make the food. My boyfriend is Indian and so I think they assumed (wrongly) that I could take a lot of spice. I was crying so much I couldn't eat it all.

My boyfriend enjoyed the food very much and i think if it had been less spicy it could have been some of the best Indian food I've had in Frankfurt so far. I'm looking forward to going again to try some less spicy food.

• Visited July 2013

Frankfurt, Germany
“Good Vegeterian Indian Food”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Nice Vegeterian Food, liked their rajama, rice and chapati combination. located very close to Main River so you can enjoy a quality takeaway food nears the banks of the river.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Nitesh2013
Frankfurt, Germany
“OK Indian Food, Best To Take-Away.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We visited Moti Mahal as part of my never ending quest to find good Indian food in Frankfurt but unfortunately we did not find a winner here.

The food is not bad (but quite Germanised) but also nothing special either, however they do sell a Dhansak, which is not so common to find here. The other dishes we had here were also not so bad and it is not as expensive as some other Indian restaurants in the area.

The restaurant itself has an odd atmosphere, it does not appear to have been redecorated in quite a long time, there was only one other couple in the restaurant at the time and there was no music played for the majority of the time we were there and the staff do not seem very interested in serving you.

I might be tempted to use the delivery service in future, but I won't be in any rush to go back to restaurant any time soon.

• Visited April 2012