“Good traditional food and environment”
Review of Struwwelpeter

Struwwelpeter
Ranked #592 of 2,643 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Reviewed December 9, 2013

First night and we wanted a traditional German restaurant and this fitted the bill nicely. Very busy but the service was excellent. Had the pork knuckle with saurkraut which was delicious. The apple wine and beer were great. A bargain at only €30 for 2 people.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Having been to the bigs, Wagner and the Gemaltenhause, this rates very poorly. In a lesser and downmarket area of Sachsenhausen, not very populated, the bembels are old and look diirty, the food is so so, and the clientele is just strange. Avoid and go to one of the better ones.

1  Thank James H
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I just visited this restaurant, really a good deal to be repeted. We had a tipical wrustel as appetizer and then a really big main dish: schitzel with french fries and salad. Difficult to end all the food.
The price is really good compared to Italy: 36 euro for two of us. Taste the apple wine, quite nice! The dessert seemed to be good, but I was so full that I did not take it.
The atmosphere is good, tipical wooden tables to share.

1  Thank natanBologna
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Whenever I am in Frankfurt, my first trip is to the Applewine tavern called "Struwwelpeter"
It is like coming home to family. Everyone working here is very friendly and you know that nothing will ever change.
Food is excellent, I recomend the liver, "schaufelchen" or "haxe". There Schnitzel(various versions) are great aswell, my favorite is stuffed with sauerkraut and cheese(not sure of the name)
I can highly recomend this place, 5 Stars from me!

2  Thank Alex90028
Reviewed March 4, 2012

A unique experience. Very good food in a cozy bench-style atmosphere! Also, many good bars close by for an after-dinner drink!

1  Thank JMolnar426