“German food!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Conrad's Restaurant
Ranked #413 of 2,444 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Gastropub, German, European, Central European
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Innenstadt
Description: Welcome to Conrad's Restaurant Frankfurt! Meal Plan:We are a German restaurant and serve delicious home-style cooking. We value good cooking. Thus, for example our baked potatoes and mashed potatoes always made from hand-peeled-Potatoes.You will be amazed at the delicious large and small dishes prepared in our small but fast kitchen for you.History:A restaurant with history, named after no one less than Conrad Binding, the founder of the same named tradition brewery in Frankfurt.The "Conrad's" already opened in 1956 as a beer parlor and restaurant.We are a German restaurant and offer you: Good, cheap, abundant, centrally located and with fast served Eating.On the spacious terrace show all soccer games as live broadcasts in HD on 2 large flat screens.Not hungry? You are welcome to come just for a beer.Have a look at our Facebook fanpage: Conrad's Restaurant Frankfurt
Seattle, Washington
“German food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

When one thinks of the greta cuisines around the world German isn't usually the first that comes to mind. However, my wife and I were in Frankfurt for a coupe of days and while we were there we ate at Conrad's. The food was delicious. We had knockwurst and sauerkraut that were so tasty and rich. And my wife had a tall glass of beer, of course. We also appreciated the service as the waitress was patient with us and helped us with our poor use of the German language.

2 Thank ColinGunderson

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok
“Waitress cheated us out of money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went to Conrads with two friends on a Friday night. The bill was 52 euro and we gave our waitress 70. I told her to give us 15 back, since tipping is not really done in Germany. The waitress put the money on the table and split. My friend asked how much we left as a tip and I said a couple of euros. She suggested I give another 5, which I did. Then we realized that our change was only 2 euro.
The waitress had initially given back 7 euro instead of 15 and now had 5 more so we had given her 15! There is no way a German waitress could believe anyone would want to give so much money. When I confronted her and tried to explain what happened she acted like she did not know what I was talking about. Apparently such big tips are common. She did not give us any of the 15 back and as soon as one of my friends said lets just leave it, she quickly walked away from us.
I realize we were responsible for watching our money but I think she took advantage of us and she probably does it all the time as there are many tourists in this tourist trap with average food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BKKcourier
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Nice little place. Good food, good beer and good service. We had the schitzels which were excellent. We also had the baked cheese with cranberries which was excellent.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Sliema, Malta
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

It's a good restaurant and serves the best spitzners. very friendly and helpful staff. It location in the city centre so convenient for to stop for lunch.

Toronto, Canada
“Traditional german cuisine 5 min from Hilton”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Good schnitzels for less than €10, also tried porkhock with sour crout - delicious, if this your thing

Visited October 2012