“Lovely position”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Innenstadt
Reviewed March 25, 2014

3 of us ate here after touring the Palmergarten. It was hot so we sat outside sharing a table for 8 with another group of 3. Service was a bit slow but the food - 2 main salads and 1 sausage dish (51 euros) - was good. Good place to end a visit to the Palmergarten.

1  Thank keenvisitor

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I am living close to Siesmayer Cafe and we regularly go there for coffee or lunch. Most of the time, we are very happy since the terrace / view through huge glass windows is a perfect surrounding for having a break. However, the service is not always keeping up with the standards set by the location, the food or the price. Thats why I only give 4 Stars.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Have often come here for the standard German afternoon treat of coffee and cake (Kaffee und Küchen) and always enjoy the food. I have to eat gluten-free, but the extensive and delicious-looking pastry offerings (from the bakery counter at the front that also does take-away service) always include 1or 2 gluten-free choices. Sometimes the waitstaff seems to be unaware of this - just go look at the pastry counter yourself to see which cakes are labeled. About the waitstaff, they are very brisk and not particularly friendly, sometimes to the point where you feel rushed, but I've never found them to be rude (although I've heard from various people they can be rude to groups with loud children). I have always found the experience, with other adults or with kids, to be pleasant and tasty, with stereotypical 'efficient' rather than friendly German service.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Lipstick on the cup and a hair on the milk jug. Terrible experience. Shame as a great location and it should feel special. Service could also be friendlier and welcome.

2  Thank Thelostpearl
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had a lovely lunch outside at the café on a sunny and warm Saturday afternoon. I had the Franfurter Green Sauce dish, which I loved. We finished with a small Franfurter Kranz
and an Opera Schnitte which were both tasty. The service was fine and the only issue were the number of wasps which were annoying rather than stinging.