“good little cakes but pricey - really pricey”
Review of Cafehaus Siesmayer

Cafehaus Siesmayer
Ranked #13 of 43 Dessert in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Diner, German, Mediterranean, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Innenstadt
Reviewed February 3, 2013

..as you pay around 4,50 to 5 for a very small peace of cake. They are delicious and a treat for your eye - but they are not worth the price. As this Cafe is located right at the Palmengarten it is always crowded on weekends. The service stuff seems to be always in stress - even some of them are smiling you always feel rushed. If you want to spend the fortune on the cakes - take them out and eat them in the near by very nice park. The regular food is good but nothing astonishing.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

A very nice break from a stroll in the "Palmengarten" in Frankfurt and it kind of looks to be a destination for business lunches for folks in suits and ties as well as visitors to the park and locals who want to pick up deserts to serve at home. Dual entrance from the street and the park with a somewhat confusing turnstile to get out of the park to the resturant and back in to the park again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Had "afternoon tea" here today. Oh those tortes. I salivate just remembering the variety and quality. But not cheap, certainly (is there much that is not?)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I spent a few days in Frankfurt on holiday. Having read the good reviews of this restaurant on Tripadvisor, we were looking forward to a nice relaxing lunch after an excellent morning in the Palm Garden.
Upon arrival, our first impression was that the restaurant looked very nice and presentable. As it was warm weather we decided to sit outside for our meal.
After ordering, as we started to discuss plans for the rest of the day, I noticed a couple of wasps buzzing around food on the adjacent table. At this stage I thought nothing of it. When our coffee arrived, this attracted a couple of wasps to our table. We had to brush them off a few times which was mildly annoying. However, when our food arrived it was a different matter. Between 6 - 10 wasps appeared all swarming around our food. They were persistent and although we tried to discourage them, they kept returning. We motioned to a waiter who just walked past nonchalantly. After a few minutes, we could not bear it any longer so went to find the manager to explain the situation. The wasps by now had all landed on our food and I assume were starting to comsume it. The manager asked one of her staff to remove the wasps and bring the food to a table inside for us to eat. I politely explained that we were not going to eat the food. As she refused to prepare us a fresh meal to eat inside, I explained that we would pay for our drinks and leave. This was met by a surly response demanding full payment for the meal. I continued to say no, and eventually asked them to call the police. For the record, there were wasps inside the restaurant as well.
Whilst any reasonable person would expect a wasp or two whilst dining outside, this situation made it impossible for us to eat or even continue sitting at the table. The restaurant had made no provision whatsoever to discourage any form of insect, and when I explained this, I was asked in a sarcastic tone "do you expect us to shoot them?". No, but I expect some professional courtesy and some understanding of the situation.
I eventually paid for the meal as my wife was becoming upset at this point. In hindsight I should have paid, then written on the bill "paid under duress" and left my contact details.
Overall an unpleasant experience which spoilt the rest of the day.

2  Thank EafGlobal
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Cafehaus Siesmayer is perfect when visiting the Palmengarten. A really nice place to sit and enjoy the views of spectacular plants and flowers