“Very tasty ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atschel

Atschel
Ranked #7 of 2,282 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Frankfurt, Germany
“Very tasty ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I both order different type's pork leg ( boiled and grilled). It's not too oily, so I really like it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Everything here is really awesome. The german food, the kind service and the quality/price. A Must go in Frankfurt.

1 Thank Edoardo G
San Clemente, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely wonderful dinner! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We had read a previous review on this restaurant and knew we just had to pay a visit. We showed up with no reservation on a Saturday evening and was very lucky to get in. We got there about 5 30pm so the earlier the better. Try to make reservations as they get very busy especially on the weekend. The folks running the restaurant were very gracious to let us in. We took the servers recommendation and got the pork cheek in red wine sauce. Totally amazing. Keep in mind that the serving sizes are large. You can share them easily. The apple dessert is worth every bite! And, of course, don't forget the appelwein. It's the German tradition.

1 Thank Rob S
Barcelona, Spain
“Great service and quality/price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I found this place with google maps looking for a typical restaurant and beer Keller. I had the pork ribs with sauerkraut and it was excellent! Really good service and very reasonably priced. Great atmosphere too.

1 Thank Stephen M
Brooklyn, New York
“Non-existent service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family and I sat down in the covered terrace outside, the waiter came, dropped off some menus and scuffled away. That was the last we saw of this waiter, who didn't even come to take our drink orders, let alone anything else!

In addition, my mom went inside and asked if they had a bathroom, where the waitress responded with an unpleasant face and shook her head! Somehow I doubt this large restaurant doesn't have a bathroom.

We waited a good 30 minutes and simply left. And I can't say that the waiter was prejudiced against Americans, especially since we thanked him in German when the menus arrived and that's all. This was my first (and not last) poor German restaurant experience.

• Visited May 2014