“Solid food, fast service, bring cash”
Review of Zu den 12 Aposteln

Zu den 12 Aposteln
Ranked #13 of 2,524 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: German, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Unweit der Konstablerwache befindet sich die erste Hausbrauerei Frankfurts und heißt Gäste mit selbstgebrautem Bier und Highlights der gutbürgerlichen und internationalen Küche willkommen. Das einzigartig rustikale Ambiente und die gute Küche der 12 Apostel machen jeden Anlass zu einem besonderen Erlebnis. Ob die leckeren Steak- und Grillspezialitäten oder der abwechslungsreiche Mittagstisch: die Gerichte werden mit viel Liebe und aus besten Zutaten mit einem Lächeln auf die Tische der Gäste gezaubert. Die vielen Biersorten runden das kulinarische Angebot ab und können sowohl im urigen Keller oder auf der schönen Terrasse genossen werden.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

If a diner plate can be a personification, this is typification of classic old world German dishes alive and well. Try the pork knuckle with sauerkraut. A colleague had the Jaggerschnitle which looked awesome. Cash is best as card minimums are 25€.

Both street level and downstairs dining areas are unique enough settings to call it two separate eateries, so I'll try again soon. The beer is good; although the cloudy wheat formula gives me a headache. The conversation with coworkers about which apostle of the 12 they most closely identify, was priceless! Hint: Leave Judas at home, with your American Express card and be hungry!

There are newer reviews for Zu den 12 Aposteln

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our family group of 7 ate here on Thanksgiving (late November). Food was very good as was the service. They brew their own bier which was also excellent. For a weeknight, the restaurant was very crwoded, but luckily we had made a reservation. Very good selection of traditional Frankfurt dishes. Ambience was also very authentic with a good mix of locals and tourists. Prices were reasonable and portions were generous. I would highly recommend for a traditional Frankfurt meal. One cautionary note - restaurant was a little tricky to find on a small sidestreet off of Alte Gasse.

1  Thank eurotripper22
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I had item with liver.I am writing this bc i simple woke up due to my post stomach pain. The meal was mushy, liver undercooked, and onions cold bland and oily.my friend had cevapcici and for her it was ok.but not more.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I just had some beers there because I heard they make their own beer. The Dunkle was good but when I ordered the Hell's the bar tender went to the refrigerator and pulled out a mas half full of beer and poured it into my glass and then toped it off with foam from the tap needless to say it tasted flat. It appeared the tap was very foamy and she had to do this I have seen this before but I think that beer from the refrigerator in the mug had been in there for awhile... So It is a cool looking place but I was not to happy with the Hell beer.

1  Thank BJGfrankfurt
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Love this little treasure. Have eaten outside weather permitting , it was lovely. During this Fall season, we ate inside. It is warm, quaint and the food was still great. I especially love the type of Vinergerette salad dressing they make, Jaeger Schnitzel was acceptable. I will return.