“terrible tour & service by ETS Greenline”

ETS Sightseeing Tours
Book In Advance
$98.37*
Heidelberg Half-Day Trip from Frankfurt
$104.60*
Rhine Valley Trip from Frankfurt including Rhine River Cruise
$129.50*
and up
Frankfurt Super Saver: City Highlights Tour plus Rhine Valley Cruise and Wine...
Ranked #8 of 41 Tours in Frankfurt
Reviewed March 4, 2014

my girlfriend and I booked for a day tour of Heidelberg Castle by a tour company in Frankfurt,i.e. ETS Greenline Tours. It was supposed to be from 9 am till 3 pm but we departed half an hour late and returned about 20 minutes earlier.
Before departure I booked a return home by a car service of this company but on our return and despite the cold weather, the manager at first denied of such booking and then was awfully rude to us. He didn't even try to call a cab for us. This guy, also was shockingly rude to an Australian woman who had booked another tour for the day but on arrival was told that it had been cancelled. She complained why she hadn't been informed before leaving her hotel. Instead of apologizing, the manager tore up some paper and in front of everyone else told the lady that she was " pissing him off " and then ordered one of his drivers to take the lady back to her hotel.
For the expensive tour we actually spent 2 hours in Heidelberg, including 45 minutes on our own to stroll around the town centre. The tour leader was also very rude to 3 Asian girls who were 5 minutes late at the meeting point on return.
I think the manager who runs this company and the his staff that I saw, know nothing of customer satisfaction, know nothing of customer management, know nothing of providing acceptable services to the customers and know nothing of minimum behaviour. A terribly bad image for Germany.

6  Thank Bob F

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband & I went on the morning trio to Heidelberg just before Christmas. This was a last minute idea - our hotel contacted the tour company at around 9am, they sent a driver to pick us up and dropped us at the office ready for the 9.30 departure. We travelled on a mini bus and there were only 12 on the tour. Our guide Willy was excellent - very dry wit. He mentioned items of interest on the way, information on Frankfurt etc. Headed to the castle first and looked around before heading down to town area, had one hour free time to walk around. Given a sandwich & popper juice to drink while walking around. Dropped back at our hotel around 3pm. As we only had limited time in Frankfurt this was a good option for seeing Heidelberg. If we had more time would have liked to spend longer there.

2  Thank ikedeb
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We always try to do a tour of a city as we find that you miss out on a lot if not and they have always been good. The 2 hour hop on hop off tour was not worth the money. A two hour tour costing approx. 28 Euros and you spent an hour of that on your own free time looking around the xmas market, which we had already done the night before. If I had realised the whole tour was not fully escorted and narrated I would not have done it. Saying that the lady who did the so called tour was very helpful and pleasant but we wasted a lot of money.

4  Thank Carolyn548
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Day tour to Strasbourg Black Forrest and Baden Baden
Day started off with a not so friendly service man at check in who had taken payment. Everything after that was very good.
We had fantastic tour guides Peter and Ken who were very experienced and friendly.
The one hour cruise to see Strasbourg was very nice and scenic as the visit of the church and markets was amazing. Throughout the tour Peter was very patient with all the needs of the guests.
Black Forrest was absolutely beautiful!
We've read some reviews where others think the stop at the shop is a waste of time however they need to be aware that this is what all tour companies will do. If they don't want to get any souvenirs (as this is the only opportunity to do so) then there's other things you can do such as take photos of the views and go to the restaurant to try traditional black Forrest cake.
Baden Baden was saved til last and rightly so as this is a very beautiful town and as advised by Peter there's just so much to do there you really need more than just a day to see it all. He even advised that its best to at least spend 2 nights there in the Summer to see the beauty of it all.

1  Thank StellaArthur T
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Overall, the tour was wonderful. I took the Baden-Baden one-day tour. Our travel guide was Peter and he was wonderful, friendly, patient, and personable. We spent most part of the day in Strasbourg which was actually the highlight of my trip. We spent an hour on a boat ride in the canal that winds its way through the old town. Afterwards, we visited the amazing Strasbourg Cathedral. I could have easily spent the rest of the day in Strasbourg, but, oh yeah I signed up for Baden-Baden. So, we whisked away to the Black Forest, stopped in a mountain lodge for coffee and dessert (Black Forest Cake no less). We ended the day at Baden-Baden. I was disappointed with Baden-Baden, but that was not the tour company's fault. It just wasn't what I was expecting in a city.

My only two complaints are that I wish the tour company would invest in a better lunch. All I got was a flimsy chicken sandwich and a juice in the box. Secondly, the man that worked behind Greenline's counter is a cranky curmudgeon. Other than that, this was a wonderful tour and one that I recommend to anyone visiting Frankfurt but wants to get out of town.