“Excellent”
Review of Villa Kennedy

Villa Kennedy
Ranked #2 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Typical German understatement, excellent facilities, superb restaurant world class service, this hotel has an excellent reputation which I cannot fault, everything that any one would want from a hotel, need I say anymore this is an exceptional hotel it gets my full recommendation I am looking forward to my next visit already.......

Room Tip: If driving then look out for the entrance it is immediately after the road junction and traffic ligh...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Seayeaitch
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear guest,

My sincere thank for this fantastic comment about your stay at Villa Kennedy!

It was an entire pleasure to read this bunch of compliments and as it will be to welcome you back in the near future.

Please be assured that I have shared your feedback within the team and we all take very much pride in your satisfaction.

Best wishes to UK,

Georg Plesser

Write a ReviewReviews (1,419)

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have stayed there several times for different purposes - alone, on business, with my spouse, with the kids... Each time both the accommodation and the service were impeccable - except for one guy from the front desk, which was making everything incredibly difficult or just the opposite of what expected. The concierges on the contrary were utmost helpful and intuitive. The property is great, a little away from the busy city centre, a short walk from the river, an excellent retreat after a crazy day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Milena P

Dear Milena P,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback, which has been gratefully received.

It was a pleasure to read that you have visited Villa Kennedy already several times and that you and your family enjoyed the stays. Considering our service and accommodation is a huge compliment for us I will be more than glad to share with my team, especially with our concierges.

Regarding the lack of service experienced by one of our front desk employees I would like to express my sincere apologies and I kindly would like to invite you to share some more information with my assistant Miss Luther jluther@roccofortehotels.com, in order to allow a correct follow up and prevent future occurrences.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Villa Kennedy in the near future.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

This is my third stay in the Villa Kennedy hotel , and every time I enjoy my stay and think of coming back again.
I travelled with my mother and two sisters and arrived very early to the hotel, they managed to give us one room very early around 8:00 which we really need it .
The property is amazing with the fabulous court yard, the rooms are magnificent with the unique touches of the Rocco Forte .
The breakfast is not to be missed.
The staff ( all ) really make you love the place.
Although I checked in during an ongoing conference in the hotel which was fully booked, we didn't feel crowed or inconvenience during our stay.
I had a wonderful upgrade as a leading hotel member which the hotel really recognize .
The only draw back of this hotel that it is away from shops, market, and attractions. You need a car if you staying in this hotel. This could be an advantage.
Many thanks to Villa Kennedy for a lovely stay in Frankfurt.

Stayed: January 2014
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Rasheed_a

Thank you very much for kindly posting this lovely comment, which has been gratefully received. Your time is very much appreciated.

It was a pleasure to read about your families and your satisfaction and I am glad you had the most enjoyable stay with us. Your feedback already has been passed on to the team and we all take very much pride in your praises.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Villa Kennedy or any of our Rocco Forte sister hotels. Please feel free to contact us at any time!

Warmest wishes to Kuwait,

Reviewed January 31, 2014

perfect place to relax!!! clean and very good rooms
warm and with god taste..staff amazing and help you with what you need..maps and direction are very good..Thank you Kennedy :)
Good job.............

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Daniela P,

Thank you very much for your fantastic feedback which has been gratefully received.
It was a pleasure to learn about your satisfaction and we take very much pride in your praises regarding our rooms and staff!

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcome you back at Villa Kennedy. Please feel free to contact us at any time, if we can be of any assistance to you in future.
All the best wishes to Switzerland,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Our all time favorite (Louis C. Jacob in Hamburg) being fully booked, we decided to have our year-end break in Frankfurt. Our stay in the Villa Kennedy was ok, but I always think that at that level (in stars and price) I want to be stunned by excellence. Unfortunately, this didn't happen.
We had a very nice suite which included some amenities like the daily newspaper, free Wifi and free Pay-TV. So everything is nice, in theory. But I feel that things are done "by the book" rather than by a dedication to customer service. A few examples:
- We were asked which newspaper we wanted to have. The desired paper was delivered on Saturday quite fine. Now "our" newspaper has no Sunday issue, so I was wondering whether we'd get a Sunday Paper instead. But no, surprise, on Sunday we got the same paper again (see picture). We didn't read it a second time, though.
- Pay-TV never worked. We complained, were always assured it would work, and it never did. It's not that we cannot live without pay TV for three nights, but it irks me when this gets advertised and then nothign happens. It would have been nice to be offered some compensation like "Have a nice evening with the Minibar, it's on us." or something similar. But no. Nothing, which was a bit disappointing.
- Breakfast had nothing really luxurious either. Yes, there is a lot of stuff, even salmon, the epitome of luxury. But two people often get seated at minuscule tables (see picture), I've had more space in crowded trains, and if you end up next to the cupboard where the staff get plates and cutlery you can expeect a busy breakfast whithout any relaxing qualities. The other problem is that it is understaffed. The guys are working hard and do their friendly routine, but when he's talking to me while looking elsewhere, it's no five-star-service. Again, this is a management problem, there were far too few people to provide a luxurious service like asking whether we'd like to have another cup of coffee etc.

So, any positives? Well, yes. Breakfast on weekends is up to 14:00h, which is VERY nice. Haven't had this elsewhere, but would like to. And yes, everything else worked, but I feel this is not enough.

Overall, it's a luxurious place, which doesn't feel luxurious. It's more of a pseudo-luxury routine. It surely wasn't worth the money and next time in Frankfurt I'd try elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank UltimateAdvisor
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear guest

Thank you very much for sharing your impression about your stay at Villa Kennedy on Trip Advisor. Your feedback has gratefully been received.

Even though I was very glad to read your compliments regarding your room and our lazy bird breakfast I highly regret that we could not fulfill your expectations at all. Regarding the wrongly delivered newspaper and the Pay TV I would like to take this opportunity and personally apologize for the lack of service and attention you experienced. Please rest assured that we are very concerned about the comfort and wellbeing of our guests and I am very sorry we could not provide the service we are proud for.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Villa Kennedy and show you that we really do strive for perfection in service and that we are able to provide you the most enjoyable and pleasant stay.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We arrived at night and the concierge, doorman, front desk were super to take care of us and relax. We had an inside room and it was very quiet with a nice view of the garden. We checked in on 27 December and the woman who was the concierge that evening went out of her way to assist us, suggest a place to eat within walking distance and what to tour during our one full day there-kudos to her. The room was too warm for us & the front desk fixed it right away. We had made mistakes in the past with "layover" hotels that were awful. This was terrific, close to the airport and convenient to the center of Frankfurt for a quick walking tour/shopping.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
RFHVillaKennedy, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear guest

Thank you very much for taking the time of both, evaluation your stay at Villa Kennedy and your time at our restaurant Gusto.

I was delighted to learn that even you had the most enjoyable and pleasant stay with us and will be very happy to forward your lovely comment to my team.

If there is anything we could do to make your next stay even more comfortable, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Warmest wishes

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Just returned from another stay at the Villa Kennedy. Having stayed several times at the property in the last several years and having written three other reviews on it, I am still amazed at the flawless, consistent service from the hotel staff.
I arrived a day early on a morning flight, called the hotel and Eileen had a room prepared for me (7:00 AM) when I got to the hotel. They even had my special request (they keep on file) for an extra pillow and still water in the room.
During dinner Saturday evening (off hotel property) I called Bridget at reception and asked if she could place me on a list at very popular and hard to get in Frankfurt night club.When I arrived at the club, the doorman had been informed, and I was escorted in and even offered a complimentary drink.
To put it simply, this property "hits all cylinders" of what a five star property should be and does so consistently. They have become my gold standard for rating other hotels.
*You cannot go wrong with any of their room categories. However, the courtyard interior rooms on the first floors are really nice, especially in the summer as each has a small balcony.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear James

Thank you very much for again sharing such a fantastic comment about your experiences at Villa Kennedy here on TripAdvisor!

We hope you had a safe trip back Kansas.

It was a delight to read that you consistently enjoy your stays at Villa Kennedy and consider the staff and the service to be excellent. I was very glad to share you lovely evaluation with my team, especially Eileen and Bridget take very much pride in your fantastic feedback.

We are very much looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

With all the best wishes