“Amazing retreat in the centre of Frankfurt, service 1st class, grounds- stunning.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Kennedy

Villa Kennedy
Ranked #1 of 275 Hotels in Frankfurt
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a suite for our stay and all I can say is WOW. It was our wedding night and we were treated to champagne on ice, strawberries dipped in chocolate and other extras that made this unforgettable. The room itself cost €1250 per night- extremely expensive and we would not have paid for the suite but for a standard room I think the cost is in relation to service/comfort. The building is stunning and the breakfast is the best I have ever had. We sat eating for hours it was good! Best hotel in Frankfurt!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SAMDD1982
VillaKennedy2006, Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear guests,

first of all CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding and all the best for your future together as a happy couple.
Your comments about your stay at Villa Kennedy are much appreciated and our team is encouraged by the lovely words. THANK YOU!
Please feel free to contact me at any time to assist with any further bookings with Rocco Forte hotels. I would be very happy to look after you in future.

Warmest regards,

Georg Plesser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The one thing that stands out about Villa Kennedy is probably the character of the building that houses the hotel. All else is somehow nice but then again not really special. The property is located around 15 min by taxi from the airport on the way to the center but then again not really central. It is in an impeccable condition so are the rooms, very clean and rather on the modern side design wise. My single room had an average size and was very quiet. Service is friendly. All in all it is a nice property but given the rate of 365 € that I paid I would have expected more. At least it should have included breakfast and Wifi. So I ended up paying an extra 34 € for a pretty average breakfast buffet and my request for a late check-out was also denied. So I'm not sure if I'm gonna stay at villa Kennedy again. There are probably better options in Frankfurt.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mischa G
Dear guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Villa Kennedy. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

You are right, wireless internet is very important to our guests and business. Therefore we are happy to provide this service now free of charge, if you make your booking over our Rocco Forte webside.

I have also shared your comments with our kitchen chef and restaurant manager regarding the breakfast offer, please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to better our breakfast buffet offer.
I hope that you do not allow this incident to spoil your overall impression of the Villa Kennedy and to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel. We will take this chance to show you the high level of hospitality we are so proud of delivering and offering.

Your sincerely

Soltvadkert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I spent a long weekend in May with my daughter together in the Villa Kennedy, which was my most beautiful trip ever! I have never been in such an amazing hotel before: the all staff was very kind, friendly and professional, not to mention the fabulous building itself. We were extremely warmly welcomed, and from the first moment we just felt like at home! Our room was really comfortable, perfectly cleaned and well-equipped with very high quality amenities. In the first day we explored Frankfurt. Walking on the river bank of the Main while enjoying the breath-taking skyline view, such a charmed city I just couldn't belive!!! What's more, the Villa offers free tickets for the Staedel Museum, what was great for us, as we had planned to visit it for a long time already. Thanks to the Concierge Team for the best tips, both of us immediately felt in love with Frankfurt!

The next evening we joined the JFK's BAR event. To be honest, firstly I was a bit hesitating about the party, because I hardly ever go out. Right after entering I recognized that it was a good decision of my daughter to take me to the party. It just suited to all ages, and honestly, can I wish anything better than a mother-daughter chit-chat evening at the most elegant party next to a delicious Blackberry Coctail prepared by the most charming Bar Team?!?!

I had been looking forward to Sunday the most, beacause we went to the Villa Spa then. How I had expected, it was really great! There was a huge swimming pool, a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, and a relaxation lounge. Unfortunately, the weather was not perfect (the only not perfect thing...), so we couldn't enjoy the sun outside, but inside!

In the eveing we had a dinner in the Restaurant GUSTO. I loved the atmosphere and the whole staff coudn't do enough for us. I was extremely happy beacase of the season of the asparagus, it is a must in it's season, so delicious!

All in all, I was very pleased to spent that time in the Villa. The all weekend was just perfect and I can just recommend this hotel and wish to everyone to experience everything what I could with my doughter there. And once again: Thank you for the all Villa Staff for being our home for a short time, we won't ever forget it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear guests,

thank you very much for choosing the Villa Kennedy during your recent stay in Frankfurt.

It is an absolute delight to read such lovely comments. That is exactly what we love our guest to feel. THANK YOU! It goes without saying that I am very proud of all of them!

I am very much looking forward to your next stay with us and remain with warmest regards from Frankfurt’s Villa Kennedy.

Yours sincerely

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is truly an amazing property with a service that made you feel special without that overly pretentious attitude. Nothing was a trouble, every request was promptly followed up and the staff were always gracious and could not do enough to make you feel welcome.
The location of The Villa Kennedy is in a quiet setting and is convenient to the tram stop which is only a short journey to the city, or alternatively, a short walk to the station.
Our accommodation went beyond our expectations having been upgraded to a luxury suite, with the additional surprise delivery of exquisitely arranged chocolate dipped strawberries and a bottle of prosecco, making the celebration of our 27th anniversary a truly memorable stay.
We cannot thank the staff enough for their impeccable service from all those associated with the hotel. We have travelled to many cities across the globe but our experience at The Villa Kennedy would have to be up there with the best.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for choosing the Villa Kennedy for your anniversary and recent stay in Frankfurt. We are thrilled by your positive feedback and the whole team is very pleased that you both enjoyed your stay so much.
Please feel free to contact me at any time to assist with further bookings. I would be very happy to look after you in future.

Warmest regards,

Cambridge ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The indoor courtyard is beautiful especially at night when they uplight it in coloured lights. The elevators are little unusual as you need to hold your room card in front of the red light in order to have them work. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for it to read the card so can be a little frustrating. The rooms are spacious and decorated very well. Bathroom floors are heated as are the towels - very nice touch. Overall a very nice place. Not too much around to walk to but taxis are readily available.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
VillaKennedy2006, General Manager at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear traveler,

We really appreciate your time to share you impressions about the Villa Kennedy with us. It is a pleasure to hear, that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we would be glad to welcome you again in the near future. Please let me know if I can assist you with further bookings.

Best wishes

miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My travel agent said this was the place to stay in Frankfurt so we did for 3 nights in mid May. I drove from Basil Switzerland and had no trouble finding it. The location outside of the city center made it easy. The location is quiet. There is a convenience store and gas station just around the block which saves money on mini bar snacks.
The room was a suite with a separate sitting room with a door to bedroom and it had a half bath which I always appreciate although most hotels do not have them. The sitting area with a couch, TV and table and desk was good.
The bedroom had a king size bed which was comfortable except that the 2 mattresses were not bridged properly and sagged in the middle annoyingly.
There was a nice balcony overlooking the courtyard which had a table and chairs.
The problems I had with the room were several. First my wife almost scalded herself with the shower hot water which had difficult controls. In addition while the towels are great there are only 2 and I shower twice a day. Also the shower has a raised floor with a 3 inch lip around it. This means when you step out your leg goes down to the bathroom floor lower than the shower. I had trouble with my balance because of this.I would like to have had a separate bar of soap for the shower.
The sound on the TV has some kind of volume limiter so I could not get the volume high enough to hear the movie I ordered. A maintenance person was not able to improve it.
Finally with the rate for a suite I would hope for free Wi-Fi
The lobby was very nice. The JFK Bar is good and the dining room offers fine meals as did room service.
If you like a hotel with a feeling of energy about it, this is not the place for you. But for peace and quiet it is excellent

Room Tip: the rooms with the balcony over courtyard on first floor are nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for choosing the Villa Kennedy for your recent stay in Frankfurt.
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Villa Kennedy, the JFK`s Bar and the restaurant facilities very much. Thank you for taking the time.
I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations regarding the room facilities and technical aspects; please allow me to express our sincere apologies for that. You are absolutely right that this is not a 5 star service you wish to experience, at the Villa Kennedy we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures with our housekeeping and maintenance manager to address the problems and prevent any future occurrences.
It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again at the Villa Kennedy Frankfurt. Please feel free to contact me at any time to assist with any further bookings. I would be very happy to look after you in future.

Warm wishes

Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I would recommend this hotel. It is well located and not far away from the airport or train station. The rooms are really nice and the bathroom amazing. The first time I had a room from where you could get out to the balcony. Really nice. The second time - the same weekend - I was promised a even nicer room according to the reception with two windows. But the windows were really small, so it has less light. So I would ask to have a room of those where you can access the balcony. Get breakfast served in the room - it is simply amazing!!!!!! You'll love it. Definitely stay here next time.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mitochi
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your post about Villa Kennedy and for sharing your feedback.
My team is very glad to hear that you would stay with us again and we are delighted by your compliments.
Please do not hesitate and contact me directly for you next booking, so we can make sure you get bright room with garden view.

Yours sincerely,