“Stay at last minute check in”
Review of Villa Kennedy

Villa Kennedy
Ranked #2 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Wil, Switzerland
“Stay at last minute check in”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Hotel is not only exclusive and top class, but as well a real customer- friendly orientated hotel.
Since the hotel Gerbermuehle did not have the room we actually reserved, we had to make quick choice and went to the Rocco Forte Villa Kennedy.
Although much more costly, the hotel, service and room were just perfect, still for a walk- in Guest.
Compliments.

Heinz J. Schmidt
CH 9501 Wil,
Switzerland

Room Tip: Booking in advance may get a lower rate
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Mr Schmidt,

warmest regards to Switzerland and Thank you for taking the time to share your Villa Kennedy experience.

I am very delighted to read that you enjoyed our hospitality. Your compliments have already been forwarded to the team which was very happy about it.

For any future inquires for the Villa Kennedy or a Rocco Forte sister property please feel free to contact me.

Yours sincerely,
Georg Plesser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
location
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We arrived in Frankfurt by chance. A 'mix-up' with our Expedia booking a few weeks prior to our departure had us scrambling for a hotel that would be stylishly comfortable and child friendly. With 4 small children (and my children can be REALLY LOUD,) my husband and I were super nervous checking into this chic hotel in the heart of Frankfurt's financial district. It obviously caters to the successful business man and while the grey haired moguls may have done a double take at our uniformly robed family (slippers included,) on our way to the pool - the staff did not. In fact, the staff at this 5 star hotel couldn't have been more accommodating. We booked the family package on line and what a bargain! Two interconnecting suites with welcome packages and gifts for the children, organised treasure hunts and vouchers for free 'mocktails' at the bar. My husband and I LOVED how perfect everything in the hotel was. A perfect marriage of elegance and professionalism - with a HIGHLY tolerant love for children. What could be better? My husband and I will DEFINITELY be going back either with or without the kids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear travelling family

Such wonderful feedback and compliment for my team – Thank you.

It is always a true pleasure to hear that guests feel welcome and well taken care of, especially when having been super nervous before. It is a great compliment and the goal of all our efforts.

I am very much looking forward to welcoming you and your husband back with us – with or without kids.

Warm wishes,
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2013

On a recent business trip to Europe, I found myself first time in Frankfurt over a weekend. First time in Germany really. I was just there the third week of March, a quick trip off the train from Paris, with a two-night stay lined up at Rocco Forte's Villa Kennedy. What a class act. As a "professional traveler", Rocco Forte is a first reference base when heading to anywhere that has one. And Frankfurt certainly did not disappoint! It's beautiful and so cozy, but relaxed and well-done like all Rocco Forte properties tend to be. I love that it is on that side of the River Main. It's just a short and actually picturesque walk along the river to the other parts of town. Fantastic restaurants are nearby (shout out to the fabulous staff at Holbein's) and within walking distance, as are several museums. Everything I had to eat, and drink on property was delicious, whether it be at the very comfortable and popular JFK bar, or room service. But the biggest treat of my trip was my Saturday night, pre-9 hour flight back to NYC, I had an early evening 90 minute massage scheduled. Ingrid, an incredibly talented masseuse at The Villa Spa onsite at Villa Kennedy, rocked my world. One of the best massages I have ever had. Worth a trip back to see Ingrid next time I'm in EU. I would prefer this location to the other 5-stars too, it's quite charming. The others are bustling and old school. I walked by them and inside lobbies, just to see. And then happily meandered back across the Eiserner Steg Bridge to the truly luxurious and mellow Villa Kennedy. Well done Rocco, as always! And thank you Jennifer.

2 Thank LizGeorjon
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Mrs Costello

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your Villa Kennedy experience with other travelers.

I was delighted to read that you absolutely enjoyed your stay. Your impressions have already been shared with my team. Thank you for making our day !

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Villa Kennedy.
Warmest regards to New York,
Winnetka, Illinois
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel was recommended for a two night stay prior to business meetings elsewhere in Germany. It was delightful in every way. The restaurant and JFK Bar were excellent and hotel staff worked hard to accommodate every need, including a late breakfast in the bar. Location was great for walking to museums, shopping and other amusements. I look forward to another stay at Villa Kennedy on my next trip to Frankfort.

John B. - Chicago

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Greetings to Chicago and a big Thank you for sharing your Villa Kennedy experience with others. It goes without saying that it is a wonderful compliment for the team. You are motivating and inspiring us to get better every day to create such positive memories in our guests´ lives.

Whenever you plan to return to Frankfurt please feel free to contact me. I will be happy to assist with your reservation.

Warmest regards from Frankfurt´s Villa Kennedy
Washington DC
Reviewed March 27, 2013

stayed here for one night before our flight from Frankfurt back to USA. The service was good and the building is beautiful. Sadly the place has been totally gutted and remodeled in the modern style, which is not to my taste but will appeal to lovers of modern design. The restaurant was good and welcome change from a week of German food. One problem we had was the room was incredibly hot and the thermostat wouldn't budge past 19 degrees. made it very hard to sleep. We mentioned it to the staff and they said it's a big problem for the hotel. They really need to fix that.

Room Tip: junior suit was nice size.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your impression.

I absolutely agree that good sleep is essential and I do apologize that we could not guarantee for it during your stay with us. The air-conditioning has now been modified and will finally be adjusted mid of April to be prepared for summertime. I am convinced that expectations will be met in future.

We would be very happy to have the chance to serve you better in future and to show you around the hotel. There are more than a few aspects in design and architecture which show a sensitive mix of traditional and modern style.

Please feel free to contact me at any time.
Best regards to Washington
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The service at Hotel Villa Kennedy was above and beyond, in every way. There was a delay getting our rooms ready, but the staff was very gracious and accommodating. When our son developed an ear infection, they had a doctor looking at him within 90 minutes, and picked up a prescription so that he would be able to fly the next day without pain. Room service for dinner was wonderful. We only had a few minutes at the breakfast buffet, but it seemed fantastic. Transport to the airport was in a luxury van. We were very impressed with the Rocco Forte brand.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest

What can I say but Thank You for your wonderful words. What a pleasure to read!
To meet your expectations is what we are working for hence the team and I are very happy about your feedback.

Please feel free to contact me at any time should you require my support with regards to an inquiry for the Villa Kennedy or any other Rocco Forte Hotel. We will be very happy to welcome you back with us.

Warmest regards to Pittsburgh
Povoa de Varzim, Portugal
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The rooms were excellent but the service not. Due to heavy snow my flight was cancelled and the prospects were that i couldn't reach the city. I tried to cancel my prepaid reservation but the answer was that after asking hotel management. It was impossible to cancel the reservation even if the cancellation was due to a major storm that made Frankfurt airport to close for some hours!!

Thank god that lufthansa could book us in a later flight and we reached the city.

We booked the lowest fare 480€/room. But there was no breakfast and no internet included...

The hotel has a nice restaurant not extremely overpriced.

Not to return maybe.

Dear Guest

Your time to share your impressions about the Villa Kennedy is very much appreciated. I am very sorry that we have start with an unlucky event.

We regret any inconvenience to our guests having caused by the terrible weather last week and have done our utmost to minimize inconveniences. Referring to Internet I would recommend to book directly via our website, since there are always very attractive offers to find.

We would be very happy to welcoming you back with us in future. Please feel free to contact me at any time when you plan your trips to Frankfurt.