“elegant hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 267 Hotels in Frankfurt
London England
“elegant hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a few days before Christmas - it was as nice as I expected - very comfortable room - excellent bathroom - the heated floor being a real bonus. Let down was the restaurant - service was very slow - breakfast was not that impressive - staff again not very friendly & no advice on how to order or go to self serve - not 5 star in this respect at all. Really nice pool area & spa - extremely good facilities & very relaxing. Would stay here again by which time I'm sure they will have sorted out the restaurant/breakfast downside. Pleasant courtyard which must be nice in summer - a little far out of town - very quiet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guests

I really appreciate your time to write and share your impressions. The chance to improve our service will be taking seriously.

Please accept my apology for not having offered the smooth and friendly service at the Restaurant during your stay with us. Your words have already been shared and a new breakfast concept will be set in place in some weeks.

I hope that your overall impression still animates you to return and look forward to the chance to serve you better in future.

Kindest regards from Frankfurt´s Villa Kennedy
Georg Plesser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Infrastructure, facilities, food, drinks, meeting rooms, amenities, connections....everything perfect, top quality. Staff very well trained and friendly. Top place to stay, very efficient, but lacks soul, ambience.
Strong recommendation for business trips, but for private visits would recommend a more "typical" place.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest

Thnank you very much for your post on Tripadvisor. I am very delighted to read that you felt well taking care of and rate us a top place to stay.

Please feel free to contact us at any time could there be any possibility to make your stay even more comfortable. Might this be a special pillow or tea facilities in your room, please let us know. Should you travel with your family interconnected rooms would be available and our kids program a true fun for the little ones.

We are very much looking forward to your next stay with us and remain with

Warmest regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful Hotel - and while I have found this chain to be very expensive - I got a
good deal for this quick stop over in Frankfurt - and would definitely go back.
Top class and so different to what I normally experience staying in Germany.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for bringing your impressions to public.

To meet our guests´ expectations is what we are working for and I am very happy to have met yours.
Our website is always worth to look at for special arrangements and also to find a nice gift for the beloved ones.

We are very much looking forward to your next visit in the not too fare future. Please feel free to get in touch with me for your bookings and let me know how we could make your stay even more comfortable.

Wishing you a nice Thursday and remain with very best wishes from Rocco Fortes Villa Kennedy.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Frankfurt and stayed at the Rocco Forte Villa Kennedy from January 10th to 13th. While still in Frankfurt, I scanned the Rocco Forte Hotel group's brochure to see where else I can travel and stay in a Rocco Forte hotel. Everything about the room and the hotel was wonderful. When I purchased our package, it listed the room as a Deluxe King. Our room, on the 2nd floor (hotel is 4 floors) was huge with two washrooms, two tv's, a large sitting room with sectional sofa, table and desk and then a very large bedroom with King bed. There was a beautiful closet and a huge bathroom with a beautiful tub, large shower and heated floors. The service was superb and the hotel was truly elegant. We did not eat at the hotel. The hotel is situated one block from the Main river and museum row and a one minute walk to the trams. We were able to walk from the hotel to the city centre in about a half hour along the water. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or a romantic getaway or even a family holiday. In Frankfurt, we had a wonderful meal at Lobster, 21 Wallstrase which was very busy with local residents. If we are ever in Frankfurt again, I would definitely stay at Rocco Forte Villa Kennedy. I did find another Rocco Forte hotel that tickles my fancy, in Sicily. I will keep my fingers crossed for the next trip!!!

Room Tip: I do not think you could go wrong with "any" room in this hotel. The complex is only four...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guests,

I very appreciate your time to share your Villa Kennedy experience and that my team created a pleasant and relaxing stay for you and your husband.

My fingers are crossed for your trip to Sicily too. The Rocco Forte Verdura Resort is just breathtaking and amidst impressive scenery. If you are ever in Frankfurt again, what I really hope, would you please drop a line. I will be more than happy to take care of your reservation personally.

With warmest regards to Montreal
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a classy hotel with excellent service and amenities. My room was spacious, with nice bedding, ample closet and drawer space, desk and sofa seating area, mini bar area, and great bathroom with powerful stall shower, soaking tub, bidet, lots of mirrors, and lots of counter space for my toiletries (I always bring my own, so I didn't check out the ones they offered.) The room was immaculate, and the maid service was full service twice a day. My only objections was a very small TV. They also provided wonderful robes and slippers, which I used to go via a direct elevator to the spa which has a lovely pool, good for swimming or lounging. Although I didn't eat any meals in their restaurant, I did go to the bar area several times for drinks or tea, and the service and friendliness were excellent. They have music in the evenings, including a piano player on Thursday, something that in passing sounded like rock music on Friday, and techno on Saturday evening.

Room Tip: I was in room 110, and saw no others. It didn't have any view, just a facing building, but I sa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Laura F
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your time to post a comment on TripAdvisor. Your compliments make me very proud of my team and I certainly shared your feedback with them.

With regards to the TVs I absolutely agree, they have been way too small. They have all been replaced by state of the art 32 inch TV which will definitely meet with our guests’ expectations.
We are very much looking forward to your feedback when you see them during your next stay with us.

For your future travels please feel free to contact me directly when it comes to a Villa Kennedy or Rocco Forte Hotels booking. I will be more than happy to take care of your reservation personally.

Kindest regards to Evanston
Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed with my famliy for one night at Villa Kennedy on October 5, 2013. As a Leaders Club member I spend a bonus night for this stay.

Arrival was fine: two doormen who took care of the car and our luggage. Check in was quick and we were guided to the room. Room 217 was quite spacious for a standard room as shown on the pictures (an upgrade wasn't given as it is usual for a Leaders Club member but this should be acceptable when having a complimentary night). A welcome note of the management was placed in the room as there also were sweets for my wife and me and sweets for our child. So everything was fine - just the requested baby cot was missing (but brought from housekeeping within 20 minutes). Turn down was done at about 7pm. Housekeeping was very polite and helpful like all employees in this hotel.

We had dinner at the bar in the evening where we also could choose from the menu card of the restaurant. Rocco Forte isn't known for having a focus on his restaurants, so dinner was average (or a bit below), the price was above. The atmosphere was quite nice, in the bar was a DJ and it was a relaxing time.

Complimentary internet access is provided for Leaders Club members, only. In this category - Villa Kennedy is one of the most expensive hotels in Frankfurt - internet access should be complimentary for every guest.

Breakfast was fine. After checking out at about 11.30am the only problem occurs we had during our stay: It took more than half an hour to get our car from valet parking (27 Euro/night). After asking for the car the third time, the concierge itself brought the car from the parking area. Unfortunately a bit too late for us as we missed a guided tour through the wine cellar of nearby Kloster Eberbach.

In total a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guests,

It is with pleasure to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Villa Kennedy. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for being straight forward. You are supporting us in creating the perfect guest experience.

Hence your comments have already been shared with the team, especially the Concierge. We are very sorry for the delay in delivering your car. Please accept my apology for that. I hope there will be a chance on your next stay with us to organize a guided cellar tour in Kloster Eberbach to make up for the missed appointment.

Please feel free to contact me at any time. I am very much looking forward to your next stay with us and remain with warmest regards from the Rocco Forte Villa Kennedy.

Valencia, Venezuela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a relaxing vacation, the spa and the pool are amazing with a very friendly staff willing to help you in anything you need. The Concierge was very helpful and know a lot of insider tips that helped us a lot around the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rjgordon1312
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your very nice comment and the time to share your impressions.

I have certainly shared your feedback with the team, especially the colleagues from Spa and Concierge. It has been a pleasure for us to be your host and to read that you had a very relaxing stay with us.

The Villa Kennedy and its team is very much looking forward to your next stay. Please feel free to contact us at any time.

Kindest regards to Valencia