“Very good but not excellent”
Review of Villa Kennedy

Villa Kennedy
Ranked #1 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Kaunas, Lithuania
“Very good but not excellent”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I lived on the third floor of this hotel. Every morning I heard a strong door slams. Even the room shook.
No Wi-Fi areas. Internet cost 20 euros for 24 hours. Sorry. But it is nonsense!
Parking is too expensive. But it's possible to find a free parking place in the street, in the near of hotel.
Personal was excellent and very friendly. Barmen made very good and tastefull cocktails.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Your time to post a comment about your experience at the Villa Kennedy is very much appreciated.

It has been my pleasure to forward your compliments to the staff and especially to the Bar team. Wi-Fi is offered in all hotel facilities, our guests just need to log-in to Villa Kennedy high secure Internet service. We will be happy to assist should there be any connection issues.

I am very much looking forward to your next stay with us or any Rocco Forte sister property. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Kindest regards

Georg Plesser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Villa Kennedy is a lovely hotel and the rooms are good. Most of the staff are very good - and I had a wonderful experience in the spa.
The young man who brought up my bags was excellent and friendly.
I think my visit was marred by checkout. The reception desk were great - but it was the porter who spoilt it.
I left my luggage with the porter after checking out and went to have breakfast. When I returned - and with a train to catch - the porter was not to be found. Eventually he appeared and he took my bags to the cab - and I was assisted into the cab by a senior staff member - so far so good.
Then as I was about to close the door the porter ran around from the boot like Usain Bolt to 'shake my hand' - but in reality as he wanted to get a tip. It was tacky and unwelcome behavour from a five star hotel so my memories of the hotel are overshadowed by this incident.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Traveler

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a comment. It is much appreciated and you are helping us to improve.

I am very delighted to read that you enjoyed a very pleasant time at the Villa Kennedy. On the other hand it is very unsatisfactory to read that your positive impression had been overshadowed by our porter´s absolutely inappropriate behavior.

In the meantime I have informed my Head Concierge and we will certainly share your feedback with the porter team. I hope you could accept my sincere apology which I express on behalf of the Villa Kennedy and there will be a further opportunity to demonstrate the high level of service and hospitality we aim to provide.

Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance. I do sincerely appreciate any thoughts or comments that you would like to add and remain at your kind disposal.

Warmest regards from Frankfurt’s Villa Kennedy

Geramny
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had a very good experience with villa Kennedy in Frankfurt, but my last one was complete disappointment from check in to check out, the front desk staff was unfriendly at all.

I booked a deluxe room when I got to the room I found out that is one of those rooms with a low ceiling from one side that you have to be careful when you stand up from the desk not to bang your head, the room has no coffee machine I used on towel and had to through the rest in the bath tub because they smells bad.

I went down stairs to ask for a coffee machine I was told that this category (deluxe rooms ) there is no coffee machine if I need to have one I should go for higher category which is a suite, I said OK because I will have a coffee machine and will not have to worry about my head banging the wall again.

After an hour I was told that there are no suite available but they will provide the coffee machine by changing my room to a ( deluxe room ) I said I have the same now they said ( NO THIS IS A DELUXE ROOM WITH COFFEE MACHINE ) and it is 60 Euros extra.

I refused, and went to the restaurant to have a coffee the waiter got involved in a side conversation with other staff and brought a cold coffee and said she is sorry and the coffee will be on the house, I said I want no charity just get a nice coffee.

In the morning I went to have my breakfast, it was below 5 stars standard.

I wrote to the hotel and I got an apology which will never take me to that hotel again, I feel sorry to write this review after my excellent review before about the same hotel but I have to share my honest opinion.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Solivagant78
Dear Guest

First of all, I absolutely understand your disappointment and feel very sorry that during your recent stay with us we were not able to meet your expectations.

It is very important for us and highly appreciated that you are taking the time to write. Your feedback will be shared within the team and discussed to avoid future occurrences. Thank you for helping us to find weaknesses and turn them into strengths.

Since your first stay with us had been a very pleasant one I hope that you do not allow your recent experience to spoil your overall impression and to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the Villa Kennedy. We will take this chance to show you the high level of hospitality we are so proud of offering at the Villa Kennedy.

Please feel free to contact me at any time with compliments and criticism. I am very much looking forward to your next stay with us and remain with warmest regards,

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for a few days before Xmas. Good location. Excellent service from restaurant to concierge. Very appealing spa area as well. My top choice in Frankfurt and we will definite come back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
VillaKennedy2006, Geschäftsführer at Villa Kennedy, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guests

Thank you for choosing the Villa Kennedy for your stays in Frankfurt. It is a pleasure to be on your top list of hotels and we will do our best to always meet your expectations.

Please feel free to let me know your room preferences or favorite amenities. We will be more than happy to make your stays even more comfortable.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in Frankfurt or in any other Rocco Forte destination.

Best regards to Bath
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel as part of our German Christmas Market trip in early December. The rooms are very large and luxurious. The staff was extremely helpful and the customer service was superior. On the way out each day, they offered us an umbrella (it snowed every day). The two concierges that we dealt with were very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. As a final exclamation point to their customer service, they had our car stocked with bottled water for our drive to Nuremberg.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the 1st floor. The rooms have nice balconies that look out over the courtyard.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests

I do very much appreciate your comments posted on TripAdvisor. You are offering a glimpse behind Villa Kennedy´s scenes which is a great help for other travelers. Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions.

Needless to say that we are very happy to have met your expectation and made you feel welcome. Our mission will be completed, when you decide to come back for a second stay. Please feel free to contact me at any time should you require my assistance.

Looking forward to hearing from you I remain with warmest regards,
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Just completed my third stay at the Villa Kennedy. Don't waste your time considering anyplace else in Frankfurt. This hotel is number one on Trip Advisor for a reason. Understated elegance that exudes good taste, a stunning former residence that serves as the main building, fabulous contemporary artwork, phenomonal spa and swimming pool and a hotel staff that is second to none.
I have stayed in an Classic Suite on each visit and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Whether you book a suite or a regular guest room you cannot go room. However, book a room facing the courtyard. In the summer months you can hear the fountain and during Christmas there is a lavishly decorated tree that really warms things up!
Romina at the Reception Desk is a true delight as are the restaurant and bar staff, especially Patrick and Natasha, But the minute you pull up at this special property you will be met with an honest and heartfelt greeting from the doorman, Arthur and Yenes.
The property is close to the airport and the city center. You just cannot go wrong at this incredible hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

May I return your compliments saying that I appreciate your time to post such wonderful feedback to my team. It means a lot that you chose the Villa Kennedy for your stays in Frankfurt and to have you as our loyal guest.

Especially the staff members mentioned by name have been so happy after reading your posting. Thank you for their shining eyes.

We are very much looking forward to your next stay with us or any Rocco Forte sister property. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Best regards to Kansas
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Nice hotel, attractive room, comfortable bed, coffee, tea, and bottled water in room; excellent pool, good sauna and rest area. Short tram ride from main train station and about a block's walk. Decent and varied breakfast. For me, not the best in Frankfurt, but OK if you get a good deal.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank josanpu
Dear Traveler

Thank you very much for your short and crisp feedback and your time to share it with others.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back with us. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Best regards,