“Go there!”

Ranked #7 of 2,509 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Description: Sicilian food and best wines from Italy.
Konstantynow Lodzki, Poland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go there!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I spent just one night in Frankfurt on my way to Paris and found this place by chance. Lucky me!
Good home made pasta alla mamma and nice Nero DÀvola. I went back to hotel in a perfect mood because I spent a nice evening.

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Nice atmosphere, food was just "ok"”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Overall a fine place to eat, but nothing as special as some of the reviews make it out to be. The service was great, the food was ok.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank David Y
Salisbury, Wiltshire
“The Gem of Frankfurt”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This is an amazing little restaurant. I went there last Tuesday with my friend Claire. We were celebrating the end of some medical treatment I'd been having at the University Hospital in Frankfurt and we had a truly lovely meal. Their olive oil is amazing (you can buy this from them) and the warm bread which was brought to our table was delicious. Portions were just the right size perhaps bordering on generous. The waiters were really helpful. We were there quite early so it really was very peaceful but I have a feeling they get very busy later on. I'd recommend this to anyone who loves Italian food.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ollliethespaniel
Tucson, Arizona
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I am very late writing this review but better late than never! I was visiting my Fiance in Germany this past December and surprised her with reservations and this wonderfully intimate restaurant for out 2 year anniversary. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and makes you feel like you have stepped into another world as soon as you walk in the door.

I live in the USA and found so many great reviews about Trattoria i Siciliani, right here on Tripadvisor, so I figured I would this would be a great place to take my Fiance. I emailed the the owners and they were quick to respond and help me set up a reservation.

The wine was delicious, the food fantastic and the service was spot on. We both we very impressed and were able to sit back and enjoy each other the entire night. Matteo even gave us a bottle of olive oil straight from Italy as a gift before we left. I really appreciated the fact that they he remembered who we were just from our emails and went out of his way to introduce himself. Thank you to you and your wife!

A very special evening in a beautiful place. I will be sure to visit again when I find myself in Frankfurt!

Thank you!!!!!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank patrick m
Singapore, Singapore
“Awesome food & Wonderful service.”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Went there on 19/4/2014 at 1405 hrs with my family of 3. The Restaurant was closed, much to our disappointment. Fortunately, the lady boss happened to be strolling in front of us on our way to the restaurant. She lamented that we were a tad late today, as her husband decided to close earlier to prepare for a big dinner party that evening. We were about to leave when she informed us that she is willing to open up the place for an extra hour, much to our delight!

We ordered a linguine with veal, a daily special (pasta with pistachios and herb sauce), a parma ham pizza and a potato soup with prawns. We were served with a basket of bread and a plate of olives.

The bread was crunchy on the outside yet soft on the inside, coupled with some olives that were lightly soaked in oil. That combination itself was heavenly.

Next up was the soup. The soup was pretty good. Heavily infused with potato yet one can still taste the subtle oceanic flavour due to the prawns. The prawns were the best I have ate in years. It had so much flavours in them that blew me away.

The main courses were equally awesome. Special compliments to the ingenuity of the chef for his daily pasta special. Dumpling-like pasta with meaty fillings cooked in tomato based sauce and topped with a herbal sauce and sprinkled with pistachos. It should definitely be the signature dish of this little gem in Frankfurt.

This is the restaurant to go to if you are looking for an Italian restaurant in Frankfurt. Reasonably priced, good atmosphere and great food! Really enjoyed it and heart felt appreciation for the lady boss kindness!

• Visited April 2014