“My oh my!”

Ranked #6 of 2,563 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Description: Sicilian food and best wines from Italy.
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This was wonderful! We were bit apprehensive based on the outside appearance and menu but WOW! Did not disappoint... Everything was so tasty from the olive pâté and bread to the dessert! The waiter made great recommendations, go with them! The place was filled with locals... Fresh food, quick service, great staff, wonderful food!!!! Go for an Aperol Spritz!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,303)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

normally when i am abroad i prefer aviding italian restaurant but this is an exception.

the restaturant is amall but cozy. the waiters very kind. the menu is based on typical sicial dishes but always with a touch of fantasy and originality.

everything is normally very tasty and delicious from appetizers to desserts. the menu changes frequently and there are always new dishes of the day. the advices from the owener are normally always very good.

excellent selection of sicial wines from firriato, donnafugata, segreta.

1  Thank Guido D
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'm Italian and I dislike Italian restaurants abroad (the cousine is not the same) but this time was different. I like so much this cousine because is like Sicily cousine. In fact I think they keep the food directly in Italy. The staff people were very good, they were professional and polite. Ask me: after dinner pay the bill, and ask for free drink (like ''Limoncello'')... be sure they offer the drink to you ;)

1  Thank Gaech90
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Came here as it was the best in Frankfurt according to trip advisor. It was good, but if this is the best Frankfurt has to offer, I would avoid the city entirely.
The food was well presented, served quickly and well cooked. As with all Sicilian food though, it isn't inspiring.
Wine was the main issue. At 5Euro for a 100ml glass we asked how much for a bottle. The reply was staggering. A bottle was around 5Euro more than paying for individual glasses. When we pointed this out, the waiter spent the rest of the night giving us the cold shoulder and sulking at us. A shame really, as the food is worthy of a better score.

1  Thank PGD1971
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Thank you for a nice evening, Trattoria Team! I felt like home there... Waiters were very friendly! After wonderful meal I got offered a very good grapa and we talked about everything like good friends! I left the restaurant as the last guest... It was a real highlight on my German business trip. I ate well and had fun there.
Grazie!