“Good but not THAT good” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trattoria i Siciliani

Trattoria i Siciliani
Ranked #12 of 2,445 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Sachsenhausen-Nord
Description: Sicilian food and best wines from Italy.
“Good but not THAT good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Going to this restaurant really makes me want to challenge the number two ranking that this restaurant enjoys on Tripadvisor. Four of us went on a busy Saturday night, and the service I have to say was very good. But does this really mean it's the 2nd best restaurant in Frankfurt, my answer would be no. The restuarant is very small and I did feel pretty cramped and hemmed in. But of course the real test of a restuarant is the food, and to me it just didn't come up to the level of quality that I was looking forward to. The food was pretty average, I kinda expected more. I had the scallops for starter (from the specials) and they were good, but not exceptional, and nor was the main course either. The restuarant feels like a good local place to go if it's near by, but not worth jumping into a taxi for.
Leaving the restaurant there was a nasty taste in my mouth of being let down be trip advisor on this one. So the search for a really good Italian restuarant goes on in Frankfurt.

• Visited November 2012

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Windsor, Canada
“Italian Food In Germany ???”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

On a busy Saturday night in Germany we decided to visit the second rated restaurant in Frankfurt "Trattoria i Siciliani. Since both my wife and I are originally from Sicily we wanted to see if this Italian Restaurant was as good as it was rated. Well it did not disappoint. First of all we did not have reservation. We walked in and the owner found us a table for two.... no problem he said ... you come all the way from Canada, we will find a place for you. The food was excellent... they had wine from the Town I was born in Sicily, tooo.... Can you believe that. So if you are in Frankfurt Germany and you are craving some good Italian food , please please visit this place. I recommend you call first for reservations.... it is a small restaurant, but the owner has a big heart.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank ChesterWindsor
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Some of the Best Italian Cuisine in Town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have visited Trattoria i Siciliani quite a few times and they always surprise me with some of the most succulent dishes. Their House-made pasta definitely ranks among my favorites. But don't take MY word for it; try them yourself and be amazed at the mouth watering dishes they have to offer.

Visited October 2012
Frankfurt, Germany
“you always feel welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Love this place. Mateo always makes us feel welcome. The dining room is tiny and almost always full, so it's a good idea to make reservations. And most importantly, the food is delicious.

• Visited September 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“13 years until WE returned it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

So, definitely take the TripAdvisor advice and go here if you're looking for Sicilian-Italian food. Great people, great atmosphere, great food - no doubt. But the service - better than all. We had the whole English-German/Italian communication barrier thing going on and ended up pointing at the appetizer we wanted vs. the one the wait staff saw me point to and served. He brought it out - veal in a cream sauce with capers and anchovies - and I pointed to the salmon/swordfish in a garlic-tomato sauce and he said - NO PROBLEM, try this and if you don't like it, we exchange. After we tried it, we just nodded a little and he said, NO PROBLEM - but just so you know - in 13 YEARS OF WORKING HERE, THIS HAS NEVER BEEN RETURNED.
And then he laughed and said, "I GUESS, FIRST FOR EVERTHING" and brought out what we thought we originally ordered. Which was awesome. Really classy place. GO HERE.

• Visited October 2012