This is a wonderful hostel.
The staff are really helpful and friendly, I even overheard them calling airlines and other hostels/hotels for travellers who couldn't speak German.
Yes, it is in the red light district, but the security is great. Also, the district itself feels really safe, even when you're walking at night. I was travelling with another girl, and we only encountered one street that we decided to avoid on a night stroll.
Rooms can be noisy, as the streetsweepers and garbage trucks patrol the streets in the early morning. If possible, ask for a room not facing the main street.
Breakfast is free if you stay 3 nights or more, and it's BRILLIANT. Lots of variety in terms of bread, spreads, meats, cheeses, sliced tomato, cereals, and more. Tea, coffee and water are free and available in the wonderful common room/bar all day and night. Pasta and crepe nights are a great opportunity to meet fellow travellers, and a Godsend for the jetlagged who are too tired to venture out into the city proper to get more traditional fare.
You can walk to Paul's Kirsch and the city centre in 15 minutes or so, or walk to a tram stop in 5 and hop on that. So it's easy to get around. Plus, as mentioned by most, it's only a 5 minute walk from the Frankfurt train station.
Rooms were clean and spacious. Beds comfortable, and lockers under the bed were secure. Each bunk has its own light and power socket. The bathrooms are also cleaned regularly, though the doorless shower screens mean that you have to ensure your clothes are well out of the splash zone, and you need to squigee the floor down post-shower. Not really a problem though.
Also, there's a lift.
I really can't recommend this place highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Isn't it strange? Germany's biggest international airport, lots of interesting destinations on the doorstep, but hard to find a bed for a backpacker? From summer 2008 on these times are over! Then, the Five Elements Hostel will open its doors to the public. In a beautiful turn of the century building right in the center of Frankfurt, we created a quality hostel, from scratch, stylish and brand new. The Five Elements Hostel is wholly dedicated to you, the traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Hotel Frankfurt
- 5 Elements Hostel Frankfurt