Pension Alpha
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$269
$114
$96
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewscentral stationirish pubfree wifiwould stay againwalking distancepublic transportheatinghairdryereuropeanmesse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We chose Pension Alpha because of the price and location and were not disappointed.
Also, it was hard to find a room for 4 in Frankfurt (parents + 2 kids) and they offered one.
When we arrived one of the beds had dirty sheets. I told the front desk and it was fixed up within 10 minutes. The rest of the room was very clean. It was utilitarian but roomy, with a table where we could eat our breakfast.
Two of our three days in Frankfurt were side trips by train and this location was very close to the main train station so it was very convenient.
The breakfast was simple but fresh and there was plenty of food.
If we ever go back to Frankfurt I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ShezFromStoughton
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed for two days in Pension Alpha I found it very nice and comfortable, People in other forums said rooms were not clean but things have been improving. The hostel is near Hauptbanhof which is a great advante if you are alone and you have to go back to Frankfurt Airport to get your plain. On the other hand, the staff were not really nice at all.

Breakfast is really good and tasty. If I had to comeback to FRankfurt for a short trip I would definetely choose Pension Alpha, for its price and nice rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank oscarlechat
Reviewed February 25, 2011

The hostel is located just steps from the main railway station - hauptbanhof. It offers a decent standard of a reasonable price. The rooms are fairly spacious and modern. Linen and seemed to be clean, but unfortunately, the day after the visit I got a rash. Breakfast varied and good. I recommend this hostel has given people who go to/ from the airport to the train and are eager to see some of the city.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rattaman
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I travel quite a lot and often stay in budget hotels, but this one was pretty bad. It actually affected my mood by looking around and feeling like I had hit rock bottom. It's a dirty place with unfriendly staff. Most rooms share a bathroom with the rest of the floor and I had the sense I was in a bus station. The staff stopped caring years ago.
It does have free internet access, but it's painfully slow. Enough for email, but not much else.
The only good thing was the location, near the main train station. If it's a choice between the street and the Pension Alpha, choose the Alpha. Otherwise, you can do better.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business