“Convenient walk to city center”

Best Western Hotel Darmstadt
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Darmstadt
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I enjoyed this hotel on several occasions over the years. First time in 2003, again in 2006 and 2008 and 2010 and 2012. Each time the room was quiet and the breakfast (only meal served) was high quality. My only problem on the most recent visits: my room WiFi internet was not working well. I had to carry my laptop to the lobby to connect, which is not convenient.

Room Tip: Is Internet important to you? Try a few different rooms if possible, to see which one has the best...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel Darmstadt

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were friendly and very helpful. As you can tell I really enjoyed the free beverages. My room was bigger than expected and very comfortable. I would say the selection at breakfast was a little more limited than I am used to but quality was high. Perhaps it is disappointing that they do not offer any restaurant service but there are plenty of alternatives near-by as the hotel is very central.

I had no problems connecting to the wifi and I was very impressed with the speed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Easy to find. Tom Tom knows how to get there anyway. Car parking good and access via a few steps direct to reception. Nice communal area with good coffee and free. Room average. Clean and tidy tv good, bed comfortable choice of pillows Breakfast very good. Enjoyed stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Mark C
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed four nights the end of September. Front desk and breakfast room staffs were terrific, helpful, friendly. Room we reserved was a smaller double, which had adequate space for two of us, was very clean (room and bathroom), quiet, nicely done. Very nice breakfast room, with good breakfast with very good variety of hot and cold options. Good location, one block from main square and transportation center. easy access throughout city. Street and general area had decent cafes, restaurants, etc...and felt safe even at night. The entrance is a bit quirky, being off the main street and up the elevator to the lobby, but no big deal. Wifi worked, but was a bit tricky to get it going. We initially had trouble connecting to it in our room. We went to the lobby and connected with ease. After that, it worked fine in the room. Not sure why, but it worked...maybe that's the trick. I would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NYMV
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My father and I stayed here while we were on a business trip to Frankfurt (for the Automechanika 2012).

The location of this hotel is perfect. A minute's walk away from the city centre and easy access to the trams.

The hotel itself is quite nice. The room was quite good and it was very clean. The shower was spacious.

The breakfast buffet was included in our room tariff and the spread was quite substantial. Sausages, meatballs, bacon, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, cereal, a plate of salmon and tuna, tomato, cheese, cereal, different types of yoghurt, jams, maramalades, nutella, nuts and so on.

Given the price we were paying, it was definitely worth it.

The bed was soft, but too soft for me. So, sleep quality wasnt great. I wish the mattress had been a little firmer.

What takes away one star rating from this property is their Wi-Fi. The internet wouldnt work half the time. We were on business and naturally we were out of the room from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm. However, everytime we were in the room, it was very difficult to download our emails or browse the internet.

For the price we pay and the brand this hotel is associated with, this is unacceptable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Nikhilbee
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed in this hotel while visiting my brother I found it to be central, clean, quiet and it had everything we needed its not luxury 4star but fantastic for what we paid. The staff were friendly and helpful. There is a great pillow menu which is quiet different and you can help you self @any stage to lovely lattes and other hot drinks at the reception area free of charge. Cleaning staff were very friendly and cheerful :)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Niamh O
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in August. It was a hot day and since the hotel does not have air conditioning, it wasn't a pleasant stay. The room was however equipped with a fan.

The hotel appears to have been recently (partially) renovated: the carpet, curtains and windows are new, while the furniture is old but not worn out and a flat screen LCD TV with High Definition channels is installed.
The room is fitted with a minibar but lacks a kettle for coffee/tea (which is however freely available in the lobby).

The room was quiet, clean and comfortable (apart from the lack of air conditioning), however the bathroom has a small sink and very limited shelf space.

I had no issues with the Internet access, complimentary and fast.

When I booked the hotel, I checked the web site and I understood that the hotel had a restaurant.
Since I had some work to do, I was looking for a quick dinner in the hotel, so I was annoyed to find out that the restaurant is open only for breakfast. I went out for dinner and I can recommend "Pluckers NT" on Elisabethenstrasse (a five minute walk from the hotel) where hearty portions of typical german food and different types of draught beer are served at very reasonable prices.

Staff was helpful and corteous.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business