B&B Hotel Darmstadt
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
$108
$71
All reviewsmin walktrain stationclean roomsfrankfurt airportconvenient locationnice hotelhairdryercitybusinessreception
Reviewed January 23, 2014

What an excellent budget hotel.
Room was clean, shower was hot & powerful. Bed was comfortable, TV was ok, table for laptop and excellent Wi-Fi.
What really made a good impression was the staff. Very helpful, provided suggestions on places to eat and always happy to talk.
The service was better than far more expensive hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kish M
Reviewed December 26, 2013

For a hotel that has free parking and is situated next to a main train station, this is very good value in my opinion. If you are familiar with other B&B hotels you will know about the advantages: midday checkout, very fair price, clean and well-insulated rooms.

I never like arriving late at a hotel where the reception is closed, but I did and it was not a problem as the automatic check-in machine worked fine with my card.

I did not have breakfast but looks to be good value and the foyer is nice.

It was a Saturday night when I stayed here and I noticed the odd drunk couple going through the foyer, but they were nevertheless quiet and respectful. On a different Saturday night I stayed at the Ibis Budget in Darmstadt, I had the impression that the late night clientele at the Ibis were a bit rowdier than at the B&B, and would have been more likely to wake people up.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in A very good position with respect to the station and all the European institutions. Fares are cheap only if there are no workshops or other meetings.
Rooms are clean and comfortable.
Breakfast is abundant but with commercial and industrial food.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank ag_piadina
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed three nights at the B&B in Darmstadt. I was stationed at the 32ADCOM many years ago and wanted to show my kids where I lived and worked.

I was very happy with the motel. I have reviewed two other B&B motels and found them to be very similar. Clean, neat rooms, if a little small. Nice bathroom. Good A/C, small but good TV with an English news channel. Staff was very nice and helpful.

I discovered that if you leave the motel and come back after the clerk leaves at 10 or 11 you better have your pass code. I did not have a pass code and was locked out. My kids had carried pizza in the motel while I parked the car. I followed the kids and discovered there is no way to get in the front door. Thankfully another guest was outside smoking and he let me in.

The motel is about 30 minutes from the Frankfurt airport. The main train station is a very short walk away. There are several train and bus stops right at the motel. The European Space Agency is about a block away from the motel. We also never had a problem parking.

I would return to this motel and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2013

There is not much difference between these B&B hotels. Like the others this one is simple, efficient, clean and cheap. The rooms are small but bearable. Bathroom is OK, too. Windows are OK, even though our room faced the street and the railroad tracks it wasn't noisy. This one is located very close to the main trainstation what might be an advantage to some. On the other hand it's a 15 to 20 minute walk to the city center.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple