“The only thing here that wasn't old were the antiques.”
Review of Hotel Mystique

Hotel Mystique
Ranked #2 of 7 Bad Homburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The guy who runs this place was a bit of an oddball. I'm sure he meant well but he communicated like an idiot. My German is not super, but my German friend couldn't make much of it either. The guy got upset when I wanted to park my car backwards in the parking spot 'cause then I couldn't get OU-OUT!' So I parked nose first, whatever, and then I couldn't get back I-IN because of the Merc parked 5 cm from mine when I wanted to leave. We hàd to leave our luggage in the hall and pay for our rooms first. Then the guy had to check on a piece of paper where I could find my room; somewhere upstairs. And he was gone, leaving me to struggle with my suitcase and 4 stairs. The room was run-down, the furniture too old and shabby to want to sit on. The bed was ok though, as was the bathroom. A bit '80's but clean. The streetnoise went on until midnight but it was too hot in the room to close the window. The breakfast was 'alright', nothing special. Upon leaving for the day and worming myself back into my car, an other car was parked behind mine. This turned out to be the car of the breakfast-lady who seamed rather annoyed that I didn't ask her to move her car ... As if we all know which is hers ... My god! This attitude :$
Lesson learned; always book your own hotel cause for €80,- a night (which is a lot for German standards) we could have stayed in the Steigenberger too!

Room Tip: In an other hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 1, 2014

As a regular business traveler to the region the most precious lesson learnt is avoiding "fully booked" fair periods. Because otherwise you are stuck in small, dirty, stinky hotel rooms for the price of grand luxury 5 star hotels in normal times. This Hotel is the same for me everything is bad. Room, bathroom, breakfast all much below average and extremely priced. I would avoid this hotel for the future.

Room Tip: The only tip to choose a good room is not booking i this hotel..
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel, and I can't wait for my 3rd. Great price for a nice clean bed, bathroom, and breakfast. Staff is very courteous and helpful. Can use all public transportation systems the Frankfurt metro area offers i.e. it cost me a whopping 5E to travel all the way to Frankfurt International airport via bus and train. Wonderful city full of nice shops, cafes, etc., also a great central park for exercise. Give this place a try, you will come back just like me.

Room Tip: Ask Rapheal, he will fix you right up
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ray S
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Charming hotel with big rooms.
The shower in the room (in a sort of non transparent glass cubicle is a bit weird) but it works !
Difficult to park your car... so you'll have to park it in a parking facility (one is close by, and one overnight parking was 8.20 euro's)
Breakfast is lovely... more than enough choice and i especially appreciated the coffeemaker that grinds the beans and makes a fresh cop !

We will be back !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank stockychaser
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My stay was wonderful, the hotel staff were outstanding especially Raphael "Reservations". My room was exceptionally clean, warm, and comfortable. Breakfast was more than I could begin to eat. I intend to make this hotel a regular stay on future trips to Germany. The best value in the Frankfurt area. Take my advice and book a room, and enjoy Bad Homburg.

Room Tip: Ask Raphael for his advice, just let him know what you need, and he will fix you right up. Go and E...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Ray S
Reviewed January 16, 2014

It's a 19th century mansion.
Very well located, very cozy, spacious clean rooms, several restaurants nearby (Italian, Spanish tapas bar, German).
Good enough breakfast, friendly staff.
Tea-coffee bags and a kettle in room.
In short, everything is just fine about the place.
The only drawback may be the absence of elevator and rather steep staircase.
Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Osakasenba
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I'm surprised that the high ratings of other travellers was not reflected in what I found to be a very average (or lower) hotel.

Sure the guy is friendly, but the place needs money spending on it. Almost everything (except the antiques) needs updating. Carpets and facilities dont look clean in my opinion, and breakfast was simple and nothing special.

Large quantity of fragrance sticks in the main public areas, and difficult to clear from the bedroom even with both windows open. I didnt enjoy that strong smell, and it gave me the impression they were there to cover over a background staleness because the place is old and not that clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business