“in english please”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Daniel Wischer - CLOSED

Daniel Wischer
Cuisines: German, Seafood, European
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Hamburg-Altstadt
moscow
“in english please”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

The food is ordinary. The fish soup is worth trying. Main dishes are too big.
People who work there didnt speak english, thankfully they had a meny card in english. The dinner bill was ridiculous. But i will not advise anyone visit this restaurant - waist of time.

• Visited November 2011

Wengepenge
“Best fried fish in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

This is a truly Hamburg classic. I remember going there since I was a kid. After the shopping you would go to Daniel Wischer and enjoy a meal of fried fish filet with Potato Salad or french fries. I especially like the "Fischfrikadellen". The drink there is "Fassbrause", which is a special kind of soda only served there (looks like beer, but its soda). Allthough it has been renovated recently, this restaurant still has the same athmosphere from 30 years ago. So, a must try when you are in Hamburg!

• Visited December 2010
Brussels
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stumbled on this restaurant while walking the Steinstrasse in Hamburg and couldn't have been more pleased with the food and atmosphere. It's relaxed enough that you don't feel awkward in jeans, and pleasant enough that you wouldn't feel out of place dressed slightly better. Our waiter was delightful, very attentive and alert to our needs and suggested an excellent wine that matched exactly what we told him we were looking for. My husband had the fish soup, which he said was about the best he'd ever had (and he's had a lot of fish soup), and we both had a salatteller, mine with a bit of pan-fried cod, and his with a bit of mackerel. The fish was perfect, and the salads, as usual in Germany, delicious! I would go here again... and again... and again if I lived in Hamburg.

1 Thank AnAmericaninVietnam
London, United Kingdom
“my favourite restaurant in Hamburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2010

I know this place for 40 years.. since I was coming here as a little girl with my grandma and still I try to have lunch here every time I'm back in Hamburg (to the one in the Steinstrasse of course) ... And it didn't change at all, it's excellent value for money and very, very traditional.. hope it'll always stay the same :-)

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Fresh Delicious Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

While walking by this restaurant, we noticed a huge line of people at lunchtime, which is always a good sign. We were rewarded with fresh fish, freshly cooked which was absolutely delicious! We have discovered that this is a Hamburg favorite and we know why! Make sure to eat here when you are in Hamburg!!