“Great German pub!”

Hofbrauhaus Hamburg
Ranked #69 of 3,618 Restaurants in Hamburg
Cuisines: German, Bar, European, Central European, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Neustadt
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Great German pub!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great food & beer, Huge place so you can take a big party in there & the waiters are dressed in traditional German clothes. I did not have a bad meal at all & Lunchtime meals are good value.

Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Manila Philippines
“Awesome Place For Great Food and Fun , the German Way”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a great place to experience typical German atmosphere of fun and a good time . The staff and servers are in their traditional old fashioned attire , and they are very attentive , even though they are dealing with many guests in long tables , and in a noisy ambience. I liked my serving of pork knuckles which are tasty and quite tender . Never missed out on ordering the beer , big mistake if you don't. I also like my desert, which was an apple strudel . This place evokes a feeling as if your in the beer month of October . And i noticed that huge TV screens are set up , since there was an upcoming live soccer game , and many locals are in their team jerseys . Must try to have good food and fun , and maybe the next time i visit i should try the different sausages that they offer .

• Visited June 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A good place for an Easy German Meal.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hofbrauhaus its a typical old food restaurant. Wooden tables, big beers and fast food. Thats what they offer and thats what you should expect. Its not a 5 star or a Michelin restaurant. Its just a place for sausage, pretzel, beer and typical rude german service. Its all part of the package.

If you don't like when a waiter doesn't wanna take a picture with you or if gets pissed off when you take half an hour to understand the menu this is not your place. You are paying for a local environment, including weird people that goes there and including their staff. I always have fun and enjoy the food.

• Visited March 2013
Gloucestershire
“A quick evening meal”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had an evening meal here on 13th March.
I was on my own, so wanted something quick, I was dissapointed, it came within 5 minutes.
That inferes that my choice was already cooked, but as it was a standard German style dish that they serve all day, it didn't surprise me.
That said, it was well cooked, well presented and very tasty.

This is a big place, I guess they could sit upwards of 400.
All the staff wore tradition dress and were friendly.
It would be a great place to go with a crowd of friends.

I will visit again, as I love the traditional food and want to try some other dishes.

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“An Afternoon of German Food and Fun”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had lunch on a outing with a tour group and this was a cool beer garden/sausage house. Menu was a small green salad, then a main of different sausages and real potato mash and sauerkraut and a nice apple strudel to finish. Oh yes, and a jumbo mug of beer - light, lager style but you could also have wine or soft drinks. So it was a prix fixe but I also perused the menu board and it was a really affordable place to have lunch.

We were a huge tour group of 50 or so and when we arrived the place was already busy but the staff, if they were stressed, didn't show it. Some members of the group threw some last minute requests at them, change this, substitute this and they just rolled with it. One couple was kosher (not strict) and did not eat pork and the servers came back in a flash with two delicious baked au gratin mac and cheese entrees that looked delicious and all with a cheery smiles and welcoming manners. If they were at my table I might have dipped my fork in the mac and cheese and tried it.

Our food was very fresh. If these were not fresh mashed potatoes I'll eat my hat and the selection of sausages was gently seasoned and flavorful. The kraut was nice and fresh. I'm not a fear of beer gardens but this place was light and airy with a large glass ceiling and the college age staff all wore bavarian style costumes. I wasn't sure about this part because bad taste turns me off. As a gentleman with a partner, I'm no prude but I don't want a waitress with a bosom spilling into my face, waiting on me or a guy in too short laderhosen, but the staff was all attractive but appropriate folks who looked like they burst into folksongs while cleaning up at the end of the night.

This place is not for you if you don't like community style dining on long benches. I'm no social butterfly but it was nice getting to know people in our group that I would not have talked to otherwise had we not been seated together. They gave great travel suggestions and things that we should try.

• Visited April 2012