“Still remember our meal at Jacob”
Review of Jacobs Restaurant

Jacobs Restaurant
Ranked #104 of 3,835 Restaurants in Hamburg
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Thomas Martin and his team will continue to interpret original French haute cuisine in their own inimitable way. The menu will be based on superior, regionally sourced products, prepared with precision and contemporary techniques. The main product is the star, with appetising sauces to accompany it. The result is a dish bursting with taste.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Even though it has taken me over a year to post this review, I just wanted to say how much my husband and I enjoyed our meal at Jacob. We especially loved the pre-dessert which we jokingly said we could eat another, no sooner another appeared. The service was faultless and the food amazing, the best meal we have eaten to date.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a meal for a special occasion. The service was absolutely perfect with advice on wines to accompany the food. The food was beautiful, presented very professionally with flavours to die for. We had the established menu but were able to mix and match with the other menus if we wished. There wasn't anything that we disliked, we will visit again and certainly recommend to others. Absolutely perfect meal.

Review collected in partnership with MyTable.com
Reviewed August 20, 2013

For my birthday I wanted the absolute best. We are not from Hamburg, so I asked around and people said: "well, if you can get a reservation, definitely Jacob"... My husband called to beg, but they were full, but took our name down. LUCKILY they had a cancellation! Bingo!
We arrived on time and were the first people at the dining gorgeous room. The mark of service, for me, was that not only were the chairs comfortable, but there was a little pillow for my back. Yes!
Then the meal started - perfect plates, not too small (like in other tasting menus I have experienced where the bite flows down my tongue before I had a chance to fully taste it. One after the other with no rush, just perfect timing and flavor and service.
I don't want to tell you too much because if you are lucky enough to go to Jacob, you should experience it for yourself. Suffice it to say: phenomenal meal!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Tried Different dishes from the menus in the garden terrace. It was all very good. Fresh fish & chips. Very tender steak sandwich and very refreshing salad.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

What a wonderful restaurant. I visited on a business trip, 3 of us had a table by the window.

The service is impeccable and we had one of the 4 tasting menu's on offer. Before each course an appetiser was provided which were innovative and served in a vast array of fabulous plates. Everything was fresh, tasty and matched with amazing wine.

Another notable point is that staff circulate the room with a variety of trolleys with cheese and a sweet trolley with a bunch of treats.

This is a special place and although located on outskirts of Hamburg it is well worth the journey. I hope to return soon.

2  Thank Highland_Saint