“Historic Building for Dinner”
Review of Parlament

Parlament
Ranked #159 of 3,878 Restaurants in Hamburg
Cuisines: German, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hamburg-Altstadt
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great food and wonderful decor in a Historic historic building. Standard menu with Hamburg favorites. Great long bar with Hamburg beers and everything else you would want. Often very busy so book a reservation. This is a good place for a business dinner

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a greatly located under the arches of the Hamburg Rathaus. Beautifully restored with many of the original features spiced with a modern design. We went here for lunch and ordered the classic fare such as schnitzel and curry wurst and were positively surprised by the tasty though very large portions.
We would come back for a bite pub grub in cool settings..

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was taken by some collegues from work and arrived early. The restuarnt is situated as people have said in the basement of the Rathaus and has many interesting feature. As I was early took the opportuity to walk around outside and there are many splendid things to see, the fountain in the square behingd the Rathaus is impressive as are the columns in the main hall.

The food was excellent..best steak I have ever had and the goats cheese starter was also good. Prices were reasonable for Hamburg and after a few beer, who really cares....Staff were friendly and efficient..all you could ask for really.

Would I go again...you bet.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We entered the restaurant just as we were passing by because the atmosphere look nice and the prices on the menu were affordable. The staff was very helpful and nice to us, and found us a place even if we did not have a reservation.
The menu features a wide variety of usual German dishes, plus some northern German specialties. Service was surprisingly good and indeed exchanging some ingredients in our dishes did not trouble the waiter. The food was tasty and enjoyable and the price tag was affordable.
We will probably visit again when we come back to Hamburg

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Restaurant is located in a huge room in the basement of the Rathaus in Hamburg, very centrally situated. Very impressive restaurant, I was there on business, but how the other half must have lived in years gone by !!
Seating is in comfortable with a variety of booths and table in a more open locations.

Menu has plenty of traditional Germanic fare, I just love most German food, one of the few exceptions are the potatoe dumplings, they don't work for me, everything else did.
Service was prompt and friendly.
I shared a table with an local elderly couple and we were soon on very friendly terms, just made the evening something to remember.
I would recommend this to anybody that wanted to try real German food.
I stuck with the traditional German food, and ordered a schnitzel, it was nice (honestly it tasted better than it looks in my picture) on potato salad, plain and heavy but that is typical of this cuisine. My colleagues had fish and both enjoyed their meals too.