All reviews places to eat locally room was clean free wifi connection station airport city
Reviewed May 18, 2016

All I can really say about this hotel is that is cheap and clean. It has a bed, shower and toilet which are all clean and fit for purpose. We used the room to sleep in and conduct our ablutions for this it was sufficient.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2016

When I arrived at about 7 p.m., there was no-one at the lobby. There was no bell, no phone number, no possibility to contact anyone. I couldn't leave either, because the hotel already had my credit card data.

There was a check-in machine. But it didn't work. When someone finally arrived at the front desk, he first answered the phone, before acknowledging me. The phone, that was my call, though. I had pressed the button next to the check-in machine.

He didn't apologize for not being there. And he didn't have a sign "back in five minutes" or anything like that either.

I then had to pay for both nights in advance, without even having seen the room. That is really unprofessional, and I don't see any reason for it either. The hotel already had my credit card data!

The room is clean, but otherwise dismal. There is no space whatsoever for your stuff. There is a tiny desk, and a tiny ledge next to the bed. Just large enough for a book. There are no cupboards. The sink is in the room, and there is no space for your things. The shower has a glass door. And there's a tiny toilet, too.

The Ibis in Beijing was worse. But I wouldn't have expected second-to-last place in Hamburg.

By the way, this hotel charges EUR 100,- if someone is smoking in the room. They call this a "cleaning fee". Now, I don't smoke, never have, and I hate smoke. But I don't agree with this "cleaning fee" at all!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Petra F
Reviewed October 24, 2015

Our family stayed two nights while attending an Irish dance competition. This is a very basic hotel and met our basic needs.
Good points: terrific choice of restaurants nearby, from McDonald's to all sorts of ethnic food - look for the fully packed places as a quick recommendation! Easy to get to the U-bahn, three long blocks but not far if you know where you are going. Great breakfast, although there is the extra charge for this. Keyed entry works well - no keys to lose. Free wifi worked well most of the time, which probably had to do with saturation levels at peak times - problem with most places...
Challenging points: no room service - although the room was clean when we arrived, no one even tidied the room nor took out the trash - although the brochure in the room says there is daily cleaning. Only one pillow for the double bed - when I asked reception for another, I was told not possible, so bring an extra one if you need your own pillow to be comfortable. No shopping open in the area after 8 PM on Saturday, which means no ability to buy snacks and water until Monday morning. Hotel has a very limited vending machine - could use of few more options if nothing else is open for shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers have a view of the wall next door. Ours was very quiet, though - no problems with the neighbours.
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2015

Very well positioned near MRT U1 station ( 2/300 mt walking distance )
Basic services with High efficiency .
Free wi-fi ; no telephone in the room .
Numeric Code to enter the room ( no key )
Comfortable beds , very good cleaning condition .
GOOD sleeping enviroment .
That's what you basic need from Hotel on business trip !

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2015

I stayed in this hotel in May 2015 for two consecutive nights. It's not situated close to the city centre but doesn't pretend to be, it's easy enough to get there on the U-bahn from Wandsbeker Markt, about 10 minutes to the Hauptbahnhof. The price was very fair. However, I have to mark it down, simply as it I did not leave with all of the possessions that I arrived with. I have had problems when staying multiple nights in Ibis Budgets before, namely that one in Munich told me that as I had not left anything in the room, they assumed I would not be returning - therefore I now ensure that I leave items during the day. Sadly on this occasion, the cleaner during the day decided to throw my possessions in the bin as they took it upon themselves to assume I would not be returning?! The lady on reception (once it became staffed in the morning) was mortified and nice about it and did offer some small monetary compensation, but despite contacting the cleaner in question could not offer an explanation nor salvage my items. A shame. For this reason I shan't be returning however as long as you are staying for just one night, you should be OK - it's clean and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled solo