“Fun concept”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Takeout
Neighborhood: Neustadt
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Went to Vapiano for lunch with my wife during a Hamburg shopping spree and nightlife weekend. Simple but fun concept with good Italian food at reasonable prices - especially great for lunch (can't see myself there for dinner) for couples but definitely also for families and fast business lunch.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I've been to Vapiano once before in Budapest, later I've seen the restaurant to spread to other countries bud hadn't had a change to go again.

In Hamburg we had plenty of time before you train, so we decided to go to Vapiano that was closest to Main Railway Station. Big from inside, with two separate zones. One in front of the open kitchen and another hidden behind with the wine bar. We took a place at wine bar side, since there you don't smell the food and cooking all the time.

I remember eating the tomato soup in Budapest and was glad to see they offered it here too. Very nice. We shared also a little mix salad and one pizza. With two glasses of wine each we had lunch for 30 euros more or less. And in our own phase, we took our time to eat the soup, chat and only after go to order more food.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have been there a many times, it is a kind of self service.
I always ate pasta there, it is really nice.
Very good quality of ingredients, they don’t buy pasta, they prepare it by themselves.
They cook it as you wish, and in front of you.
There you can find also the famous illy coffee, one of the most fine Italian coffees.
When you go there, please, ask for espresso.
People are nice and prices are good.
Only problem is that many people like their quality, so it is easy to find a very long queue.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Excellent place to eat, all food cooked to order before your eyes and quality of the food is excellent. Vapiano is very lively in the evenings and finding a seat can sometimes be a challenge. Meal portions are good, and the choices of dishes is also good. Something for everyone!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

There is a simple recipe if you want to enjoy their food, drinks and atmosphere: Don't go there when it's crowded, like it usually is around lunchtime and early evening. Late in the afternoon for example there's a good chance to find a nice table or even a cosy nook in the lounge. You don't have to queue at the food and drink counters, too. My personal favourites are vitello tonnato as a starter (or light meal in itself) and the pizza capricciosa - I haven't found a better one in Hamburg so far! As for the white wines - I sometimes get the impression that they don't serve the best vintages, they are a bit "tired" for my taste. Red wines are all okay.