Stayed here for a major conference at Hamburg Messe and was initially impressed by the functional room (less impressed by the rate more than doubling during the conference), and good breakfast (expensive - Euro 22 but I have paid more for less). When tested, you discover how blasé staff have become.
1) As a business hotel, internet access is important for guests. As with many hotels who have really not "got" the internet "thing"; there is a basic internet service available for free (of course there is no increase in room price to cover the "free" internet !) so when it stops working, who cares, after all you are getting it free.
2) Our team spent over Euro10k over the week but when it came to a few asking for late checkout a) different guests were given different checkout times and b) there was an automatic policy decision to charge Euro for a 2pm checkout - really recognises the business given at hiked rates. I estimate that 70+% of the residents checked out on Thursday/Friday 10/11th April, but that doesn't stop the the Empire Riverside from insisting on another Euro 40 for a 2pm checkout (my bill was over Euro1,000). Needless to say I changed my travel plans so I could check out on time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Empire Riverside Hotel towers 90 meters above the River Elbe and dominates the skyline of Hamburg harbour. The hotel is located in a unique position high above the St Pauli Landungsbrücken in a triangle between the Hafen City, Elbchaussee and downtown Hamburg. Guests have immediate access to the city center and the port, and can watch ships entering and leaving the harbour from their beds. The Empire Riverside Hotel has 327 rooms starting from the fourth floor up to the twentieth floor. Most of the rooms are offering floor-to-ceiling panorama windows, extra-large beds, air conditioning, flat screen television, wireless internet, minibar and safe. The hotel restaurant waterkant serves international maritime cuisine and guests are welcome to watch chefs preparing the food in the show kitchen. There are two hotel bars: DAVID'S Bar & Lounge looking out onto Davidstrasse and the nightlife passing by, and the Skyline Bar 20up, offering an unrivaled panorama view overlooking the River Elbe and the Port of Hamburg. The RIVERstyle fitness& spa features cardio training machines, sauna, steam bath and Kneipp basin on a total of 200 square meters. The Empire Riverside Hotel is located in St. Pauli with acces to Underground and S-Bahn train in only 5-minutes-walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Empire Riverside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Empire Riverside Hamburg
- Hotel Empire Riverside