“Fine hotel in a lively neighbourhood”
Review of ARCOTEL Rubin

ARCOTEL Rubin
Ranked #61 of 322 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed October 4, 2012

A long weekend at this hotels seventh floor proved that German hotels in general are of a high quality. The neighbourhood is multi cultural with life in the streets almost 24 hours around the clock.

The hotel is situated only ten to fifteen minutes walk from the city centre and with public transport nearby.

I can only recommend this hotel and its fair prices.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Nice, clean hotel with friendly staff and good service. It has its own parking garage. Its 10min walking to the city center and the public transport in Hamburg makes it very easy to travel to other areas of the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I liked the convenient parking cellar, friendly staff, you can come and go as you like, card security in elevator, the location, large room with walk-in closet, very clean and well-functioning room, good temperature, in walking distance from Lange Reihe, from the station/Metro, from Alster lake, from the city centre - it's just a wonderful hotel, which I will recommend to all travellers visiting Hamburg.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This hotel is genial near Alster, St, Georg , Main Railway Station . 100 of bar , restaurants around the hotel. Turkish quarter, Hotel is clean ,open, modern, 7 floors . rooms have enough place, well bathroom , free internet , not expensive. Good restaurant and bar. Mini bar is expensive - normal . Service is well educates , friendly and help all the time . Breakfast is overcrowded , 20 Euro additional cost,

Room Tip: no special place or room - all similar an ok . streets, noise is all around the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Arcotel is a good value in Hamburg, clean, modern rooms, good customer service. It would be worthy of 5 stars except the Wifi is unreliable which drives a business traveler crazy if he needs to work while in the hotel. I checked in early and was advised my room was not yet ready (reasonable since I arrived at like 1030). They said they did have an upgraded room available immediately so I paid an extra 10 Euro a night for the upgraded room (again reasonable). Room was large with modern furnishing like flat screen tv, dvd player etc. Room had free wifi. After taking a shower and a nap, I tried to log onto the internet. My laptop could not hold the wifi connection. I called the front desk and they sent a technical person. He could not get it to work either. I went to a meeting and then tried the wifi in the lobby, it worked fine. I explained the situation to the front desk and they moved me to a different room (example of good customer service). I tested the wifi in the new room and it worked so I moved all my stuff in. After using a rather slow, but functional wifi for about 20 minutes my computer disconnected again. I experienced the same issue on my blackberry so it could not be my computer's problem. I called the front desk and they offerred to move me again. Since all my stuff is unpacked I said why don't you just fix the wifi. Wifi is such an easy thing to get right in this day and age, so I simply do not understand why hotels cannot get it right. Bottomline is stay in this hotel if you want a good modern hotel in a decent Hamburg location, but if you need internet for business, you may want to call ahead to make sure they have fixed the internet problem. I mean come on, you can walk around with a smart phone and make sure there are no dead spots in the hotel on a daily basis. Hotel managers, I hope you are listening.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank schausdj
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Very modern hotel with large hall and free internet connection in the hall
I freely upgraded in a junior suite and it was fantastic! Big bed, a table with four chairs, plenty of space to store the luggage, coffee and tea maker. Large bathroom with bath tub and shower and separate WC.
Panoramic fitness and beauty center with two saunas, steam bath and Kneipp shower.
My room was on the sixth floor, overlooking the main street, so it a bit noisy, but it was not a problem for us. However, if you’re a quite sleeper, ask for a room on the other side.
Didn’t try the restaurant. The breakfast had a very high price for us (we are Italians, we don’t eat a lot at breakfast) so we preferred to have a coffee in our room.
Staff kind, attentive and English speaking.
Unluckily I stayed at this hotel just one night in August 2012, with my husband. But I would stay again and longer if I come back to Hamburg!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a good hotel but sited in entirely the wrong place! While the hotel is clean, fresh and pleasant, the surrounding area is anything but. Located in what appears to be the Turkish quarter, the hotel is surrounded by numerous kebab shops and Turkish shops and supermarkets but also several casinos and sex shops. The whole area is dirty, smelly and not at all pleasant to be in. The hotel is also quite a long way from the amenities.

Room Tip: I would not stay in this hotel at all. Not because it is bad but because it is in the wrong place.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple