We stayed here for 33 nights and although by the end of it, the 1 bedroom apartment felt small for 4 of us, it was a good home away from home. It's in an ideal location, minutes walk to the Baumwall Ubahn station with only 2 stops to the Rathaus in the centre of town or 3 stops to the main shopping strip. The rooms are well equipped - ours was a Maisonette Apartment with a garden terrace but my in-laws (who stayed 2wks) had a standard room - both were very pleasant with a good working kitchen, nice furniture and finishes. In true german style everything is done well, down to the coffee machine and stereo system, nothing is sub standard. The free use of the washing room (with 3 bosch washing machines and dryers) on the 4th floor was needed - and well used. The only gripe I have is the servicing. If you go, ask for Frau Mueller to do your room. She's lovely and very particular. The rest are a company hired in I believe and at best they do a 20% job. Time and again we were given 2 towels (for 4 of us), they often forgot to empty the rubbish, replace tea towels, give us dishwasher tablets, vacuum. I had to ask over and over again. We had a long term stay deal which meant we were supposed to get servicing every 3 days, well 5 days would go by and nothing. My in-laws didn't get their sheets changed at all in 14 nights. This definitely let the place down. The heat was a bit unpleasant too, the first 3wks the temps were in the 30s and the hotel has no air conditioning and with large high ceiling windows, its like a sauna at night. I asked for a fan and finally did receive one 5 days before we checked out - when the temps had dropped to below 20! I was also a bit disappointed with receptions response when I approached them about car parking. I had emailed about it prior to booking and they advised me the cost would be 16 euros a day. I then talked to them the day before to confirm and was told 18 euros - I questioned it and was told the 16 euros was for 'advanced notice'.... hmmm not sure how far in advance you need to mention needing a car park but I would have thought 7 weeks would have been sufficient. She did 'make an exception' but I felt being a long staying customer and having inquired about this at booking, they wouldn't make such a fuss. All in all though I would consider this again as its a lot more personal than a chain hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the Portugese Quarter with its many shops and restaurants, these elegant apartments are just a 5-minute walk from Hamburg Harbour. They include fully equipped kitchenettes, flat-screen TVs and free WiFi. Hanse Clipper Haus Hamburg offers stylish, non-smoking apartments with a spacious work area and living room with sofas. The kitchenettes include a dishwasher and a Nespresso coffee machine, and luxury toiletries are provided. Guests can prepare their own meals at the Hanse Clipper apartments, and there is a supermarket just a 1-minute walk away. There are many cafes and bars in the area. Landungsbrucken Underground and S-Bahn Station is a 5-minute walk away, providing excellent connections to all parts of the city. Hamburg Neustadt is a great choice for travellers interested in restaurants, shopping and city walks. This is our guests' favourite part of Hamburg, according to independent reviews. This property is also rated for the best value in Hamburg! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, HRS, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hanse Clipper Haus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanse Clipper Haus Hotel Hamburg
- Hanse Clipper Haus Hamburg