1,185 results
All reviewsu bahn stationfamily friendly hotelseparate toiletnice hotelfamily roomhamburg citywellness areafew metersbreakfast buffetwould stay againstandard roompublic transportexcellent stayunderground parkingmain stationrooms are cleanwi fi
Reviewed April 7, 2017

I stayed two weeknights at the Novotel Hamburg City Alster. It wasn't my first choice for accommodations but the extreme expense of rooms when booking for a stay during a crowded time from two simultaneous trade expos made it that I had to try this location. It turned out to be a nice stay, consistent with experiences I've had with Novotel in other cities. The hotel is a relatively new build, located above a metro station on the U1 and U3 lines that offer access to the Rathaus and best shopping of Hamburg. The staff was very accommodating for the few interactions I had. Underground parking is reasonably priced and easily accessed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the main street, it is much quieter
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
Novotel_Hamburg, Manager at Novotel Hamburg City Alster, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Dear travelentuziast,

thank you very much for the excellent review and the lovely feedback. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our services and your overall stay with us. I hope we become your "first choice" for your next Hamburg-trip.

Best regards

Reviewed March 29, 2017

I was lucky enough to participate as an invited to the cut-e yearly congress. To highlight;
- a delicious breakfast, nice lunch and dinner
- perfect break service including different snacks
- and a very service oriented staff
Only not so positive, two slow coffee-machines. My advise, very nice and advanced coffee machines, but waiting for 10 minutes to reach one cup of ordinary black was a little tiring. Put some cans with ordinary black close by.

Reception very polite and helpful. When checking out, we recognized €35 cash on the floor. Thought it was a friend of mine, but it was not. So if anyone calls and tell they lost €35, it will be in an envelope in the reception. I have informed my contacts (but not the amount).

And the absolutely best, the room attendants! Cleaning and their other duties was conducted extremely professional with a smile and very high quality.

I will definitely be back.

Best regards
Per Olav Hagas, Norway

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
Novotel_Hamburg, Manager at Novotel Hamburg City Alster, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2017

Dear Mr. Hagas,

Thank you so much for this great feedback and the detailed & amazing feedback.
We hope to see you soon again and that our services will ensure another rewarding and enjoyable visit with us.

Best regards from Hamburg

Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

This Novotel continues to be my favorite in Hamburg. Nice rooms, well equipped. Friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast choices, speedy WiFi, good location in the center... Not cheap but a good choice.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
Novotel_Hamburg, Manager at Novotel Hamburg City Alster, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Dear Robinyy,

"My favorite in Hamburg" Wow! Our team is honored to receive such positive feedback - a definite highlight in our daily tasks. We are glad that you enjoyed again your stay and that you felt at home with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again soon on your next visit in Hamburg.

Best regards!

Reviewed March 9, 2017

I recently stayed at the Novotel Alster with my wife and must say how much we enjoyed our visit. THis is the first time that I have stayed at a Novotel hotel and we both impressed with the hotel and service during our stay and would certainly recommend staying there.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear TrickTrevLondon,

it was our pleasure to have you and your family as our guests. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our services and your overall stay with us. I will gladly pass on your review to our team. Positive feedback from our guests in response to our daily efforts to provide excellent services is both rewarding and highly encouraging.

We really hope to be able to welcome you again as our guests in Hamburg.

Reviewed March 2, 2017

Location: next to U-Bahn station (Lubecker Strasse). It is close to a main road in the North-West of the City Center and convenient to comute from-to the airport via the S and U-Bahn
Rooms in perfect conditon: clean, comfortable and well equiped. I enjoyed an upgrade in a superior room and the bed was excellent !
Great breakfast on the ground floor.

Room Tip: You may wish to ask a room facing the back of the hotel if you prefer a quieter room (my experience). Mine was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business

Dear Jean C,

thank you very much for choosing Novotel Hamburg City Alster for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a feedback regarding your experience with us.
We are pleased to note that we met your expectations and that overall you enjoyed your stay, the amenities, the comfort of your room and that you found our breakfast and bed "great"! Thank you once again for your recommendation and we are looking forward to welcoming you once again in the future.

Best regards from Hamburg