“perfect!”

Ranked #69 of 318 Hotels in Hamburg
Los Angeles, California
“perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

stayed here for 1 night due to an early flight out of Hamburg airport. Very basic, very clean, super low price. Perfect hotel for what we needed. Had to book 2 rooms for 3 people as max. occupancy is 2, but the rate was so low that we still paid way less than we would elsewhere.
Too bad there aren't any Ibis hotels in the US. Great deal indeed!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank taffey68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lanciano, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I am a frequent customer for Accor chain hotels and i found this Ibis at the standard level of the Ibis chain.
Clean, confortable, relatively cheap and nicely placed at arund 200 meters from the airport.
There is also available a free shuttle if you need to carry heavy luggages or if you are lazy.
Recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Anxanum
L.A.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Had to stay on an overnight business trip and had a good experience. Hotel is very clean, neat, and new. Staff spoke English well, not that that isn't abnormal for Germany but it helps (I did learn Zahnpasta is German for toothpaste). Room was just enough size for an individual and the appointments are very IKEA like. Shelving and seating were customized to match the room shape and layout. Didn't try the restaurant or bar but they looked quite nice for this type of hotel.
The only downside of this location is there is nothing around to do or see, it's mostly a suburban neighborhood surrounding the airport. I took a early walk for breakfast and happened upon a Supermarkets' cafe/bakery ten minutes or so away. That and a Burger King are your closest options for food or anything else. I would stay again if I needed to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank shocktop
Aarhus, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Ok so the hotel is fine, rooms are fine, price is fine. So if everything goes smoothly - it's fine!
But for us it didn't go that smooth!! We were here for 1 night before going on to Turkey the next day. When we payed for the hotel 59€ it turned out 4000 DKK on the bill. That's like 537€
So we asked the manager why - and he said, that it must just be a mistake, and we shouldn't think about it. Still I checked my account, at yes they had reserved 537€ on my account. Then we asked the lady at the desk who answered "I don't know - it's automatic." and then just stared at us, like she couldn't do anything. So we had to speak to the manager again.

I called the bank, who said, that the manager needed to fax them and say it is ok to delete the reservation for 537€ That took him over an hour - and we just sat there waiting in the hall. Meanwhile a Japanese man got his hardback stolen from the reception. The staff was not very helpful, and the Japanese man needed to request to see the camera footage and for the hotel to call the police. When the police came, they took it much more seriously.

Back to my account, it FINALLY got cancelled, and the money went back on my account. Then the manager said, that we needed to pay again the original price 59€ on credit card. I told him that I was not happy about paying with credit card after this, because it had taken a lot of our time and money to call the bank in Denmark. He said it was absolutely no problem, he guaranteed that it would be ok. Of course I should just say no, that's my own responsibility! But the fact is, I did go with it. Payed the full original price - and then later we found that they had drawn 537€ from my account. This time it could not be cancelled, because they were already drawn from my account. So the bank told us, that Ibis hotel needed to put the money back on my account. We spent a WHOLE DAY calling back and forth to the hotel and bank - and there was never any solution. The last words from Ibis hotel manager was "we will put the money back as soon as possible, we don't know when." Wow...thanks.

We were still in Hamburg, so I think Ibis hotel definitely should have offered us some kind of compensation for all the double trouble. But nothing at all. It was 6 days later, at the end of our holiday that the money returned to my account.

Very poor service I think! Would never go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great hotel. Clean, modern rooms that are quiet and spacious. Good breakfast. Wireless for a small fee. Underground parking. Rates are very competetive (I paid 69 Euros without breakfast) and the hotel is a stone’s throw from Hamburg airport. Perfect for layovers or even city breaks. Whats not to like ?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business