1,732 results
All reviews top floor alster lake a lake view room walk in shower st georg spa area an upgrade minute walk modern design steam room breakfast room the main train station great shower rooms are spacious hotel is situated concierge spg
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2019

This hotel provided a spacious room in a great location. Views of the sailboats out on the Alster and scenic views of Hamburg were a big plus. Many great restaurants within walking distance. Great restaurant and bar for breakfast, dinner or late-night cocktails.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ABLMHH, General Manager at Le Meridien Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2019

Dear pwb58,

Thank you for taking the time for providing us with valuable feedback relating to your stay. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope that I may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Meridien Hamburg in the near future and please don’t hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance in any matter.

With personal regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2019

Honestly, the breakfast buffet and view from the 9th floor to the Alster lake was outstanding. This was its saving grace.

We found the attitude of the front desk to lack any gracious welcome or even a smile. It is a sterile setting and when the people working there lack any sense that they are in a hotel setting welcoming their guests. It sets a tone of entering a cold, chic, standoffish environment.

We encountered several problems, one being the smell of sewage in our room. It was evident upon entering the room, but one can open the balcony door. Nevertheless, one would expect either the cleaning service or concierge who delivered the stored suitcases to notice this smell. But it was only after calling the next morning and also speaking to the cleaning personnel who agreed that the room smelled that we were able to change rooms. The housekeeper smiled and laughed saying that she noticed but didn´t tell management. I think the smell of a room is just as important as its cleanliness. A five-star hotel room should not smell and there was no apology from the reception for this inconvenience.

Because we changed rooms, our breakfast that was included with our room was not transferred and when we went for breakfast the next day, we were asked to pay before being given a table. For us, this was poor management and coordination of the booking. We told the breakfast personnel to call reception to clarify. Why is the guest required to clarify this situation? Rather, the guests should be shown to the table and the staff should clarify first with reception and then afterwards approach the guests.

Finally, Le méridien has recently joined with the Marriott rewards programme and we were surprised that there is no mention, acknowledgements from the staff for being a higher level member --except for a small welcome card with several cakes in our first room. However, because of the smell, we couldn´t stay too long in the room to enjoy it and when we moved to another room, there was nothing.

The decor is comfortable, chic with low lighting, but we would of preferred more space on the night tables and in the bathroom to place one´s toiletries.

Room tip: Lake view rooms, ask for an upper floor because it is over the main lake road and the traffic noise at night is noticeable.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ABLMHH, General Manager at Le Meridien Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Dear Etmo89,

thank you very much for your open and honest feedback regarding your stay with us.

I am very disappointed to see that during your stay we were unable to deliver exceptional service as we always strive to do. For that, I would like to sincerely apologize.

Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with the involved departments and we we will take all necessary corrective measures in order to avoid such shortfalls in the future.

Nevertheless, I would be happy if for any returning visit to Hamburg, you would contact me directly so i can personally take care of your next stay and convince you that your last experience is not characteristic for our hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

Spent there three nights while in a conference, the hotel is a modern one sitting on the Alster, the checkin was easy and the team is very courteous.
I got a room
On the 7th floor (out of 9) with twin beds (I was told the hotel is full and no upgrades available). I asked for an electronic key so I use the Marriott APP to open the door (works great).
The hotel has a gym and a spa with a small swimming pool which was a great way to relax after a long day. I did try a message and was very happy with the quality.
Breakfast is on the 9th floor looking at the Alster, beautiful. It is a very rich breakfast.
At 15:00 the same place turns into a bar and a restaurant

The room was good size and the bath has a standing tub (colorful) and a shower with jet streams (loved it).

My only regret is the very soft mattress but I guess that’s a personal preference.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
ABLMHH, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2019

Dear Nirya,

thank you very much for your time and the effort you took to describe us your impressions about your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit at Le Méridien Hamburg.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

We had a brilliant experience at Le Meridien Hamburg. Travelling with our two sons aged 4 and 6, we were upgraded to an executive room which overlooked the Alster Lake and allowed for our boys to share a very spacious sofa bed. The staff were very accommodating. Breakfast was delicious and wide ranging. We booked on the Marriott Bonvoy app and were very pleased with the messaging service through the app during our stay when asking for restaurant recommendations and things to do. The hotel key also allows guests to use the water taxi for free which is great for exploring lovely neighbourhoods of Hamburg. The hotel swimming pool was a great size but slightly on the cold side. We would return in a heartbeat!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
ABLMHH, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

Dear FastCarFerrari,

thank you for taking the time to complete our on-line Guest Satisfaction Survey and for providing us with valuable feedback relating to your stay.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit at Le Méridien Hamburg and hope to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards from Hamburg,

Reviewed May 2, 2019

The location is spot on, the views from the top floor are stunning, the rooms are a good size, breakfast is pricey but selection is outstanding. The staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. If we ever visited Hamburg again we'd stay here for sure.

Room tip: 318 is a huge corner room looking out onto the garden, very big bathroom with extra wide accessible shower
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ABLMHH, General Manager at Le Meridien Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Dear Nevertravelhungry,

Thank you for taking the time for providing us with valuable feedback relating to your stay, we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the time with us.

We hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Hamburg.

With personal regards,