“Absolutely terrible!!!”
Review of A&O Hamburg City

A&O Hamburg City
Ranked #66 of 108 Specialty Lodging in Hamburg
Reviewed July 26, 2013

If you like waiting in line for one hour to check in this is your place. As well as constantly being referred to as a completely different person every time I had to go to reception, they also made me change rooms for the fourth night and then took my luggage out my room twice that day because they thought I was someone else. Never stay at any of these hotels/hostels. I have travelled all around the world and have never been treated so poorly!!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I already stayed A&O in a different branch that's why I chose here but after all I have to say I don't like here just because of the one thing... Shower.... It really matters for me cuz the shower in the different branch was awesomely full of water but here soooo weak... I might say normal but I chose here because of a shower so it was sooooo disappointed. But if u don't care a shower, here is a great place I think. I stayed for a 4 people dorm but no other guests! So lucky!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a stag party. Clean but expect no frills. .you get what you pay for. Rooms clean we had bunks..breakfast average. Reception staff a little rude.mosty native Germans so dont really cater for English speaking patrons. Location good for stags but if u looking for a quiet break this is not the place!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The company I visited booked this accomodation for me. It is in a really good location (5minutes from S-Bahn and U-Bahn station) and this is the greatest value of the hotel.
The rooms are small with very basic furniture (no wardrobe or commode, a really small table), but the bathroom is ok and the room is clean.
Unfortunately most of the guests are young belonging to huge groups so the hotel is far from being quiet.
There is a free wifi in the lounge, though it works better in the morning, in the nights it is slow and unstable.
I would recommend the breakfast (for 6EUR/person), which is very rich. Though it gets boring after a while as there are the same things on the table all the time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Very good location - 5 min till S- and U- Bahn, around 15 min till Hauptbanhof and city Center. Nice and clean rooms, with TV and shower. Nice place where to stay for weekend. There is free Wi-Fi at the ground floor, but I didn't use it because I came to Hamburg to see my friends. Any way if you need to spend night in nice, clean and good place I would like to recommend this hotel/hostel.

Room Tip: There is S-and U-Bahn near to hotel/hostel, so be ready that it makes some noises during the night
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel was not booked by myself but as I had to choose out of the A & O Hotels in Hamburg this one seemed the best option after seeing the reviews on Tripadvisor.
The hotel was not in the nicest area and a good 10 to 15 minute walk from the city centre-bearing in mind that I can walk quite fast. The entrance was nothing special-although I wasn't really expecting much for a 2 star and I just wanted a clean bed for the night.
On arrival I provided confirmation regarding my booking which included the e-mail with my booking reference. After being made to fill out my personal details on a form the staff asked if I had a voucher and as I didn't they decided I had to pay although this hotel had already being booked by another organisation on my behalf. But I could use the voucher next time I stayed here!
It's fair to say that we made a quick exit and decided to pay to stay somewhere better with decent customer service. I received vouchers for everything else and therefore I can only assume that A & O Hotels messed up this booking and the voucher I was meant to receive!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

It was a surprise when I realized that everything was clean on a hostel so cheap. Be aware that you have to pay for the sheets!
The staff was really helpful.
It is near the metro station that runs to the city center.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends