See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 21, 2014 via mobile

A good value hotel in Hamburg. Rooms are basic but clean, all the staff were very helpful and friendly.

The breakfast was excellent, with the attendant being particularly helpful with regard to special dietary requirements.

I'd certainly stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2014

I needed to be in Hamburg for a little over a week and wanted to stay somewhere close to where my meetings were. I always look for an opportunity to find a simple, decent room for less than EUR 100. This hotel is a bit out of the way and attached to a big office of Deutsche Post (German Postal System) - in fact, it looks like it might have been a guest house of Deutsche Post at one time, as I saw a Deutsche Post logo on the bathroom mirror.

In any case, the entrance by elevator is a bit unusual, but the staff was very friendly and the room clean, if small. The bathroom was small, but clean. I usually worry about thin walls and doors (and hearing more than I want to at night), but the doors were thick, the wally kept unwanted sound out and I enjoyed a rather nice night's sleep.

The hotel is a five minute walk from the nearest S-Bahn (train) station, a bus stop is right in front, not a lot of restaurants in the area - so don't go looking for night life on foot. I didn't take breakfast, so can't comment on that. But all in all, a reasonable value for money if you don't need four or five stars. My very good rating is based primarily on value for money, not on level of luxury.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to face inward to a large courtyard - and all seem to be the same size, so no real tips to help out travelers.
  • Stayed: November 2014, traveled on business
Quality G, Marketing Manager at GHOTEL hotel & living, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2014

Dear Michael,

thank you very much for rating your stay at GHOTEL hotel & living Hamburg! We are happy that you liked your room and the location of our hotel. Maybe we will also be able to convince you of the quality of our breakfast buffet during another stay?
We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

why spend all your time all your time in a room whilst n one of the worlds best cities. nice rooms, 5 min walk from metro, good breakfast.

unusual front and lift, the area fine. near altona.will stay again

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Quality G, Marketing Manager at GHOTEL hotel & living, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear guest,
many thanks for the review of your stay at GHOTEL hotel & living Hamburg. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to meet your taste with our breakfast buffet.
Maybe you would also like to visit us in one of our other hotels?

Reviewed May 1, 2014

A nice cozy compact hotel, close to Hamburg Altona Station. It is located a bit out of action place in Hamburg. Rooms are clean, Bathroom fine, Breakfast good. A taxi can be ordered by the reception. Lift shuts down by 11 pm, be sure to have a code from the reception, you can operate the lift only with the code, otherwise you can be badly trapped out ! no way to go up.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Quality G, Marketing Manager at GHOTEL hotel & living, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2014

Dear guest,

many thanks for rating your stay at GHOTEL hotel & living Hamburg! We are happy to read that you liked your room and that we were able to meet your taste with our breakfast buffet. We would be delighted if you chose to stay with us again!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Just come back from a 2 night stay in this hotel. Check in was quick and so was checking out. Simple and easy, great staff on reception throughout my stay. 5 minutes from Holstenstrasse Tube station which is ideal for connecting to centre of Hamburgt. Simple to make your way there from the airport in about 40 minutes. Ok so the entrance is a bit strange having to use the lift to get to the 2nd floor reception. However, my room was clean, small but ample for a single traveller, good shower, flat screen tv with sky and good choice of channels. Didn't spend a lot of time in my room just a few hours kip each night. Arrived back early morning and although not much in the area I never felt vulnerable or threatened. Cheap vending machine on 3rd floor selling cheap beer, snacks and soft drinks. Will stay here again on next visit and recomend this hotel to anyone travelling to Hamburg.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for rating your stay at GHOTEL hotel & living Hamburg! We are happy that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and that you would visit us again.
We would be delighted to welcome you again at one of our hotels!

Best regards,