Kaffeemuseum Burg (Museum of Coffee)
Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Hamburg
Hamburg Card
46 Reviews
from $11.79
from $20.21
from $21.33
from $16.84
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Visited there today. Got there a little early, no worries I will wait. Door opened at 10am sharp, no smile from the young gentleman employee (did not get his name). In fact, he looked annoyed that customers were there at opening time. I wished him a good morning and smiled, I got a curt reply and still no smile. Walked around the place and wanted to make some purchases but everything is in German so I needed help. Approached the same young gentleman at the cash. He is counting his till and I ask if he can help me. He once again seems annoyed and tells me maybe in 10 minutes. I want to buy the expensive Indonesian coffee but it is locked as it costs over 70€ for 250g. I wander a little more. Finally I leave at 10:15. He is still counting his cash. Hours are from 10am to 6pm. Lost sale for the little shop of approximately 100€ on a Sunday morning. Very unfortunate for the store and a waste of my time.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 10, 2019

I have to confess- I've never been to the museum part of this place. I've only ever gone to drink coffee. Many, many times... The cafe/ museum is in the old warehouse district, so has a genuinely nice, unforced ambiance. And the coffee... They serve it in individual cafetières, and it is magical. The roasters here really know how to bring out the flavours in the coffee. I would spend all day here, trying the different varieties, if my heart could take it!
The food on the other hand is not great. The cakes aren't subtle, and non-dairy, or vegan options don't seem to have found their way to Germany yet.
That said, so long as you don't mind nipping round the corner for your fish-brot, this is my current best coffee in the world. For ambiance and quality of the roast alone. Best IN THE WORLD. (though I'm yet to visit Copenhagen... )

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019

I did the guided tour through the museum that is based in the cellar bellow the cafe. Very interesting tour with some history and all kind of explanations around coffee. There is a lot to see and it feels more like a huge private collection than a museum what makes it even more enjoyable. There were quite a lot people on the tour and it didn't feel like there were limited spots. Would have been even better with less people. Not sure if the guided tour is also offered in English. As this is a touristy place you have to be lucky with seating or wait a bit what's no problem as there's a shop to spend time and have a look around

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

There official website says there is a English tour at 13:00 every Sunday and there is no need of reservation. However, when I went there at 12:30 on Sunday in January. The clerk told me that the only guide who was able to give English tour had already took the German tour at 12:00, and could not finish before 13:00. Therefore, there was no English tour that day. They even asked me why didn’t I call them first and make a reservation? What the....??????? You tell the visitors there is “always(immer)” a English tour at 13:00 on Sundays and there is no need of reservation online. And now you blame me for not making a reservation for the English tour in advance? What a big joke. NEVER GO TO THIS UNTRUSTED MUSEUM!

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed November 3, 2018

I tried this cafe in Hamburg back in August and now since I am back in the city I stopped by again for a nice cup of coffee. I didn't visit the museum because most reviews said that its all in German. But I stopped by for coffee many times, their coffee and cakes are so good and the baristas are very friendly. You can also get many gifts from this place and defiantly good coffee beans.

Date of experience: August 2018