SIDE Design Hotel Hamburg
  • Breakfast included
Baseler Hof(Hamburg)
  • Room Service
1,911 results
All reviewslight switchesnespresso machinespa areanice hotelbusiness tripmodern stylesteam roomper daycentral locationcomfortable roomsbreakfast buffet isnice breakfastgreat roompublic transportmeateryeurobasement
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I've stayed here several times and it is still the best in my opinion. Relaxed yet professionally run and comfortable to stay in.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I stayed here last week for two nights for business. The hotel certainly looks great, the bar is brilliant and serves imaginative cocktails. Breakfast was pretty good (though quite expensive I thought) and we eat in the (m)eatery restaurant one evening which was excellent too.

The rooms are large and modern, and reasonably well equipped...though the lack of an iron or ironing board (they are not even available on request for satefy reasons!) is seems very odd and meant I had to pay 9 euros to have a dress ironed.

However I was shocked by the service we received at the reception, which was not very friendly at the best of times. At the end of out stay we returned to the hotel to collect our bags and do a couple of hours work in the bar (the lovely bartenders let us plug in our laptop) and then asked at reception if they would call us a taxi. This is a service that I expect from a five star hotel. The very brusqe receptionist tried calling, declared 'they are busy' and that was it. She suggested to my colleague that we get the train, a totally impractical option for two business travellers who don't know the city. I returned to recption to ask her to try to call again and she refused. I then insisted that she gave me the telephone number and called them myself. They picked up immediately and we had a taxi within 10 minutes. So, yes very odd. Maybe she was just having a bad day, but when I am staying in a five star hotel I do not expect that attitude front of house.

So, I will not be staying here again, even though I visit Hamburg regularly for work, and will certainly not be recommending the hotel purely based on the rudeness of that one girl. Such a shame.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I would really recommend this hotel as a place to stay on a short break to the wonderful city of Hamburg, especially if you can find a promotional rate or special offer. It's a bit expensive otherwise. Superb hotel with pool/spa etc. Can't fault the service or the location. Only complaint is that the room was a bit small. Don't eat the overpriced breakfast there - go out for breakfast instead.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2011

The hotel is a couple of minutes walk from two under ground stations and the tour bus and general buses stop at the end of the road. The Side is on a side street so it was nice and quiet, there is some building work being carrried out nearby but this didn't cause any disturbance. The lobby is spacious and the desk staff are lovely and can't do enough to make your staff special. Room service is exceptionally quick. The rooms do not have a scenic outlook but then we were out all day and only returned to sleep. The bedroom and bathroom are modern, clean and spacious with everything you could possibly need. The beds are comfortable with down duvets. The towels and bathrobes are thick and soft even the toilet paper was top notch. The rooms was very hot as already mentioned by a Tripadviser member and we could not work out how to reduce the temperature, we could always have asked room service but instead we opened the window, no need to worry about children falling out, the building is encased in glass. The bar area is lovely and buzzy at night with candels and popcorn on the tables, the bar staff are good with the cocktail maker positively mesmerising. The spa is more than adequate with a sauna, long but narrow pool, rest area provides chilled water and lovely changing rooms with shower towels and bathrobes. I would stay here again without a doubt and recommend it to friends. Some say it isn't a 5* but it idefinetly is better than a 4*, I have always found there is room for critisism in all areas of any 5* but when the majority of areas provide 5* I think it diserves it.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2011

This is a great new hotel in a fantastic location just a 3 minute walk away from the shops and waterfront and The Reeperbahn is only a 8 euro taxi drive away . The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble for them.

The bar is lovely if a little expensive ,that may have something to do with the bad exchange rate , but the free popcorn was def appreciated .

The Spa and gym are good but the jacuzzi would have been better if it was hot and not a plunge pool for after the steam room !
The only criticisms I would have are that it would have been useful to have irons in the rooms and the air conditioning didnt seem to work in any of our rooms and they got very hot in the night!
Apart from that I would def stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011