“Modern and nicely themed”

25hours Hotel HafenCity
Ranked #6 of 319 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have used this hotel a few times whilst on business trips and it is a good modern hotel with a great rustic nautical theme; it's in quite a good location which whilst in Hafen CIty is away from the main town centre, there are a god few restaurants around and a supermarket just around the corner. It probably a 30 min walk to Hardrock cafe along the waterfront too.

The hotel has some great features - a music room and apple computers for guest use on the first floor - although this is used for functions sometimes so when such things are on, if you're not involved in the functions, make sure you get a room on a different floor as it can be noisy.

It also has free wifi which is very useful but as with a number of hotels I have been to in Hamburg, the speed is painfully slow so don't plan on downloading a film from iTunes - the one I tried said it was going to take 9 hours!

Finally, the Heimat saturation downstairs is great; the evening menu is reasonably limited but the variety is just sufficient although each time I go, I normally end up having the burger as it is probably one of the best burgers I have had (perhaps I don't get out much:-). Equally, the breakfast is very good with a great selection; bacon, sausage, eggs, continental meats, croissants, fruit, juice, a couple of types of coffee, cereals etc - it isn't overly cheap, though what good hotel breakfast is.

My only gripe about this hotel, which is actually the same as another hotel I've been to in Hamburg I that the towels tend to cause some kind of allergic reaction - I guess washed in a detergent I'm not used to, so I now take my own.

Room Tip: Ask for one not on the first floor and of you' a non-smoker make sure you specify a non-smoking...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
25hours_Hotels, Sales & Marketing Manager at 25hours Hotel HafenCity, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Antevorte,

thank your review here on TripAdvisor. Great to hear, that you are one of our fans of the HEIMAT Burger.

I am also happy to announce that we will have new electrical lines within the next month, guaranteeing a high speed internet connection.

Further please drop us a note prior to your next arrival (rec.hafencity@25hours-hotels.com).Our Rooms Division Manager Mr.Vordermeier and his team would be more than happy to be of assistance regarding your inquiry for other bathroom towels.

All the best from Hamburg and we hope to welcome you with us again soon,

Laura-Marie Bruehl

There are newer reviews for 25hours Hotel HafenCity

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've stayed in many of the very best hotels all over the world (Burj Al Arab, Le Royal Monceau Raffles, Ritz Carlton) and this is one of the most innovative and welcoming places I have ever stayed in, even though it's a fraction of the price.

The record room is delightful - so nice to be able to kick back and enjoy music with your friends during the day rather than feeling you have to go out and be entertained all the time. Every hotel should have one.

Excellent design - loved the rooms and the bathrooms. Excellent service - the staff are friendly and welcoming and let you get on and enjoy yourself without restrictions.

This hotel has character, heart and soul. If you're going to Hamburg than this hotel is a must. I honestly cannot fault it.

Room Tip: Garden side was great
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
25hours_Hotels, Sales & Marketing Manager at 25hours Hotel HafenCity, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear FlyAway679,

thank you for your magical review here on TripAdvisor and your big compliment to the hotel and moreover to us, the crew.

It is always wonderful to hear that our guests feel so warm and welcome with us - great to know that the heart and soul of our house is also felt by the people who stay with us for a few moments.

We hope to welcome you sometime soon again.

Take care and all the best,

Laura-Marie Bruehl

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Excellent service.
Excellent breakfast - lots to choose from and healthy and fresh!
Superb design through the hotel and rooms - really an experience to sleep and socialize in this hotel. Quirky.
I loved the location. Not in the centre of the city, but it'll take you 5 - 10 minutes by car to get there.
Boutique shops and coffee shops around the hotel. Interesting shopping!
Bikes and Mini's that you can use to get around - they seem to be sponsored by Mini.
Very clean, hip and with great smelling corridors - some amazing fragrance they use.
Windows in the room open wide, so you can get fresh air - Yay!
Loved it - will stay again!

Room Tip: HIgher floors for views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
25hours_Hotels, Sales & Marketing Manager at 25hours Hotel HafenCity, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Karen,

thank you very much for your great review here on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure and the biggest drive to hear that our guests love our hotel (s) ... and we love them too!

We hope to welcome you sometime soon again in one of our 25hours hotels.

All the best from Hamburg,

Laura

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The decoration is very nice, the concept is sea freight. There is even a container in the lobby. There are nice cafés in walking distance. However, the kitchen for lunch/dinner is average.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed here for a single night on a business trip to Hamburg and was more or less pleased with my stay. The hotel itself is not really conveniently located for tourists but ideal for my purposes right in Hamburg Hafencity.

Check in was kind of sluggish with a lack of friendliness and professionalism and the check in lady missed to charge my key card the right way, so I had to return to the check in desk to get to my room. The room itself was large enough, spotlessly clean and creatively decorated, which might (or might not) appeal to guests... Anyway, decor and furnitures had a nice touch, bathroom of a good size with a nice rainfall shower. Only drawback: lack of decent amenities, the presentation of shower gel and shampoo (in litre (?) bottles) was not exactly what I expect of a decent 4star hotel.

Could not make use of spa, pool or fitness facilities (if there are any?), so cannot comment on that. Breakfast was of good choice and quality, the service a bit "slow" again. I witnessed some major queues in front of the check out desk, but was all set in 10 minutes there.

Cannot really recommend this place nor discourage people from staying there. I think it's pretty much dependent from the location you are looking after and the overall booking situation of Hamburg alternatives.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
25hours_Hotels, Sales & Marketing Manager at 25hours Hotel HafenCity, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Dear Mr. Smith,

thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate us here on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that our staffs´ friendliness and rapidity did not met your expectations. We have checked the manning to find the origin of that matter and have taken first steps of improvement.

We took a deliberate decision to offer our shower and bathroom amenities in litre bottles being an eco friendly host. Our partner here offers the worlds first cosmetics range that gets people to save water among other things with a great slogan on each bottle, contributing to a better world.

I hope we will find the chance to leave a second impression in one of our 25hours hotels, being it in Hamburg or any other of our multifaceted locations.

All the best,

Laura Bruehl

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I booked this hotel as it was a reasonable price for the weekend when prices skyrocketed at other hotels for the annual harbour festival. I was there on business and found it was not far at all to walk into the centre only 15 minutes or so away. In fact I walked to the hotel from the railway station although at the end of a long day that was a bit far (20 mins away).

The reception was professional and polite, the room was large and silent (no problem with noise although my room faced the river and if/when they start the building opposite this may change). Hafen City is nearly complete but there remain just a few sites at the foundation level. At present you can see the cruise ships berth although that will change.

I ate in the restaurant which had a great bar type atmosphere. I tried the fish and chips which was too salty for my taste but very reasonable price at about Euro 8.

There is a supermarket just around the corner. The hotel is perfectly situated for the model railway just a short walk away.

I will go back even on my business trips as I like the hotel. I might ask for less salt on my chips but otherwise give the place 10/10

Room Tip: I would ask if there are building directly over the road when booking or to be at the back but when...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robertininghilterra
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Quirky hotel in the Hafen City redeveloped docks area in Hamburg. Plain from the outside but inside themed like a ship with a shipping container forming one wall. Some seats were piles of rugs on a pallet and sheepskin covered seats outside. Corridors has ships lighting to your "cabin" which has a ship's chest doubling as a desk and rather unusual wallpaper (count the number of scantily clad ladies in the montage). Staff efficient but not particularly friendly and food was OK but not exceptional. A memorable hotel and made a nice change from the usual corporate chains.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business