“Excellent Airport Hotel!!”

Ranked #76 of 318 Hotels in Hamburg
Fairhope, Alabama
“Excellent Airport Hotel!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

As soon as you enter you forget being so close to the airport - this is a great little hotel, which offers a warm welcome. Checking in service excellent, we were upgraded, which, of course, always enhances your stay and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Breakfast buffet was excellent and the restaurant offered superb cuisine for your lunch or evening meal - we enjoyed very good evening meals and could recommend this hotel to anyone needing an airport hotel, but even without the proximity of the airport - we would definitely recommend it for a Hamburg stay, also! S Bahn and U Bahn within walking distance - you are in the city in 20 minutes! IThere is also a swimming pool, should you wish to relax there. The staff very friendly and efficient ,the room clean and welcoming and the hotel was in excellent condition - we already look forward to our next stay, when in Hamburg - it is booked already. Thank you!!!

Green Features: Encouraging guests to consider all environment friendly suggestions!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
gsoeh, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Hamburg Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Gudrun R,

thank you very much for taking your time to share your review with future guests. I'm very delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at our property. Thank you also for your kind words on our staff; I will make sure they will be recognised for their great work and their ongoing effort to ensure our guests' satisfaction.

I wish you a great time and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in Hamburg.

Warmest regards

Courtyard by Marriott Hamburg Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is the very first review of a property I have not visited, but with which I have had extensive dealings. We booked four nights at this hotel, at the prepaid rate, some months ago, as part of a tour of northern Germany. Alas, my wife suddenly experienced a medical condition that prevented us leaving. As a very loyal member of the Marriott Rewards program, I telephoned Customer Service, who contacted the hotel on our behalf, to see if they could be somewhat flexible with regard to the non-refundable payment for our room. I was contacted by Mr. Gerrit Sohn, Director of the Front Office. As an exception to the rule, he offered a compassionate refund of most of our payment. Not only that, but he assisted us in contacting a friend from Berlin, who was coming to see us in Hamburg. We have had good experiences with nearly every single Marriott property we have stayed in, but I really feel that Mr. Sohn epitomizes the meaning of positive customer service. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dr A.,

what can I say? I feel very honoured by your kind words and I thank you for your continous patronage of Marriott hotels.
I wish you and your wife all the best and I'm looking forward to welcoming you both at our hotel in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The location is good for a quick overnight for a early flight. The shuttle to and from the airport was very good. The check-in staff must have been trained by the former DDR (GDR) public relations team. We could not have felt less welcomed. This was especially disappointing since we usually stay at Marriotts and are usually exceptionally pleased.
A few good hints if you do stay here:
1. If you drive a rental car and intend to drop it off at the airport. Be aware that it is rather difficult to find the car rental drop off. Go to the airport over the bridge and pass the terminals. When you get to the end of the last terminal keep looking for the car rental return sign. It is very difficult to find. It is a small sign among many others on your right side. Drive to the drop off area. All car rentals are dropped of at the same location. Then you must walk to the terminals and go to the information desk and call the Courtyard by Marriott to send the shuttle for you.
2. If you are not in the mood to eat at the Marriott, we found a very pleasant restaurant nearby. (The only one in walking distance.)It is called "Zur RoteBuche". If it is a nice evening, you can sit on the patio (Beergarten) and have a nice meal (many choices) at a reasonable price. This place is not fancy but very German-like. A good place to use some extra euros before going back to the USA. The place where the local people eat or just go out for a beer after work.

Room Tip: I do not think that you would have a choice, especially if you get our receptionist staff members.
Green Features: The shower doors are designed to leak but the water an be recycled to clean the floor in the bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bill T
gsoeh, Leiter Front Office at Courtyard Hamburg Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Billy T.,

thank you for taking your time to share your valuable feedback with us and future guests.
I'm really sorry to learn that your visit didn't exceed your expectations. We take great pride in ensuring our guests satisfaction and I apologise that my front desk staff didn't make you feel welcome. This is clearly not our intentention and we usually top score when it comes to friendliness and spirit to serve.
I appreciate your kind words on our shuttle drivers and will make sure they continue to be recognized for their great work.

Again, I thank you for your patronage and am looking forward to serve you again in the future.

Sincerely
Hi Hat, Kentucky
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Was a clean and really super hotel will stay again and friendly staff and good service and clean pool and workout area and also have breakfast and dinner will be back close to all shops and mall and great restaurants and easy to find and really quiet family loved it a lot

Stayed July 2014
gsoeh, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Hamburg Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear rcandfc,

thank you so much for taking your time to review your stay at our property.
I'm reall happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for your patronage.
I will be more than happy to share your kind words with our staff.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back at our hotel.
Have a great summer and see you soon.

Warmest regards

Upland, California
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I had a lot of trouble finding the hotel shuttle from the airport, which was largely due to the airport people being unwilling to help me. They kept claiming that they were calling but getting no answer and kept telling me just to wait outside (not specifically where outside) and a shuttle might come. That was very frustrating but likely not the hotel's fault. You might want to try calling yourself if you can find a phone. Anyway, once I finally got there the staff was very friendly and the rooms were decent. It was a fine place to stay for a quick layover in Hamburg or on your way out of the city.

Stayed August 2013
Dear GrnBfly,

I thank you for taking your time to share your review on this page. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel although it was a bit challenging how to get to the hotel. I'm really sorry for this experience.
Just a quick note on our airport shuttle: You can either order the shuttle in advance by providing your flight number and estimated time of arrival or you can call the hotel as soon as you have your luggage. If you don't want to use your mobile phone; there are public telephones in either terminal at the info desks with our number on quick dial. We will then tell you where to meet the shutlle bus.

Have a great summer and see you soon.

Flic En Flac
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Frankly I was not looking forward to staying in an airport hotel - my attitude no doubt influenced by less than average experiences at Heathrow, Paris and others. But the Courtyard, apart from being close to the airport, shares none of the usual characteristics of an airport hotel. Check in was efficient and friendly, rooms good, but the restaurant was excellent! Good food, good wine list - not overpriced - and for my colleagues who arrived after 10pm, the late shorter menu was brilliant, offering local fish specialty, weiner schnitzel as well as burgers etc. Great experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear rswooding,

thank you so much for taking your time to review your stay at our hotel. We are very delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. What more can we ask for? We take great pride in ensuring our guests' satisfaction and I will be more than happy to share your kind words with our staff.

We hope to serve you again in the future whenever your plans have you come to Hamburg.

Tel Aviv
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Very comfortable and friendly hotel. Willing to help staff. Great breakfast and bar.
The only cons is that you can't rely on ordering a shuttle from the airport in advance. They will not pick you up. Just call the hotel when arriving to the airport and they will send a shuttle.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
gsoeh, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Hamburg Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear TLVAdvisor,

thank you very much for taking your time to review your stay at our property.
We are delighted that you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you also on your kind words regarding our staff; I will happily forward it to them.

As fas as our experience goes it works best when guests call hotel as soon as they have their luggage. We will then direct them where to meet the shuttle. It usually takes the driver 5 minutes to be at the airport.

All the best to you and have a great summer.