“Beautiful Country Manor Style Hotel, with Easy Access to Airport and City Centre”

Courtyard Hamburg Airport
Ranked #66 of 319 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott (Hamburg Airport) from August 2011 until June 2012. For this long period the hotel was our home away from home, and everyone– from housekeeping personnel to the Assistant Executive Manager -made us feel so comfortable and welcomed.
Despite the fact that the hotel is so close to the airport (just 7-8 minutes’ walk), the noise from the airplanes is not at all an issue - the rooms have double paned windows, and are very quiet and comfortable.
The hotel has fitness centre, sauna and an indoor swimming pool (which I truly enjoyed in winter time, as its temperature was 31C).
The restaurant offers excellent service, delicious meals and good ambience. For the not-so-hungry-guests there are also light meals, and one can enjoy them at the bar area while listening to the lovely piano music.
Going to Hamburg city centre takes about 25 minutes by subway/metro - one can use either the S-Bahn, which goes from the Airport, or the U-Bahn – the station is just 4-5 minutes’ walk from the hotel’s entrance.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Hamburg Airport

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed there for one night, since I had to catch an early flight. I arrived quite late, but they picked me up within minutes from the airport free of charge. The room was quiet, clean and had all the ameneities, you would expect for a business trip. I left very early so I could not go to their restaurant, but they offered a free cup of tea/coffee. This is an ideal choice if you are looking for a night close to the Hamburg airport and the price was less than the hotels located directly at the airport. Given their shuttle service, this is not a disadvantage at all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Pros
- close to airport
- great staff & ambience
- big rooms

Cons
- certainly not a business hotel
- feels old

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The hotel is a little dated in areas but the rooms are fine. The air con seemed to be rather loud and over enthusiastic which gave only average sleep and the dry thoat 'am I getting a cold?' feeling each morning.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Having stayed in Hamburg many times this hotel is unlikely to be my first choice but would definitely be in my top 5.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2012

It is with great sadness that I write this review. I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions for business and pleasure. It was like a little oasis of happiness located right next to Hamburg airport. This last trip was my first since February and it has gone downhill rapidly. Perhaps a change of management but something has destroyed the high morale and general happiness that the staff used to exhibit. I will try and Be purely factual 1. Called for pickup at airport, told to wait outside terminal 2 , mini bus drove straight past despite me waving and drove to other end of terminal, I ran after it with suitcases but just as I arrived 5m from it the mini bus drove off. After phone call it came back and a very unhappy driver just opened the rear doors and watch as I lifted my suitcases in then slammed doors shut. I barely had time to sit down before it drove off at high speed ! No time to put my seat belt on (which is mandatory as per my company travel policy). 2. On arrival at reception I said good evening, I would like to check in and the response was "NAME". No hello , welcome or anything personal just "NAME". 3 I had a suite booked which turned out to be a sofa in a partitioned room. No kettle, no tea or coffee, no dressing gown, one towel, no shampoo and fluff on the carpet. 4. I then had a technical problem with the room, called reception and was told it was too late to report any problems because Maintenance had gone home, they could change my room but to a lower grade. 5 I tried to get some coffee from the machine in the lobby but no cups, went to front desk but they said "Restaurant",off I went to restaurant and asked for cups, the staff member looked at me like I had asked for a flying pig then went behind and started imitating my English accent saying repeatedly " may I have some cups please" , extremely unprofessional. 6. The next morning my wife joined me and we went for a swim in the pool. The cleaner came in and disappeared into the changing area but then my wife pointed out that he was just standing there watching her in the reflection on the glass door, this made my wife extremely uncomfortable and after several minutes of this I got out of the pool and walked to the changing area but he disappeared into the ladies room. 7 breakfast was another interesting experience, we sat down at a free table but were asked to move for no obvious reason. We complied and were asked if we would like tea or coffee, we said yes please , two peppermint teas and the reply " they are over their at the tea station". After sitting down we watched a waiter "clean" a recently vacated table, it was a skilful display of pushing a slightly wet dirty rag around all the objects sitting on the table a bit like a slalom course. The end result was probably a million more germs than before the cleaning.

Needless to say we won't be staying here, instead I will opt for Radisson Blu at the airport itself.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank asterysk
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Nice property and close to the public transportation - if you are comfortable with that! Once you get on the S-Bahn, you are set - Great city to visit! The staff was very friendly! Excellent room service with a very good chef! I stayed the weekend I ran the Hamburg. Wonderful massage location across the street. I would recommend, especially if you have an early flight - easy access to the airport!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Its a nice and very conviniently located hotel for overnite stay near the airport. However the free pick up service is very funny. They pick up guests from the departure terminal, I reached outside the arrival terminal (Hamburg Airport is devoid of signages leading to airport shuttles) and on waited for some time and then called the Hotel desk, they informed me to go to departure area and wait for thr shuttle. Again waited for over 10 Minutes and there was no shuttle on calling them again I was informed to look for a limo pick up as shuttle was not there. Finally I got a luxury limo pick up - never mind except that waited for about 30 minutes after reaching outside the terminal. Rooms are small, toilet smaller - but I guess thats how Europe is. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family