“Very nice hotel!”

Hotel Europaeischer Hof
Ranked #43 of 321 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel! The location is great, close to the station and also very close to the main shopping areas. The rooms are large and nice. The breakfastbuffet was with everything you could wish for. There is also a nice swimmingpool with a spa, so you can also relax in this hotel after a full day of visiting/working. I was here in autumn, and I found this hotel perfect, but I can imagine it is maybe not that nice when it is really hot, since there's only one small terrace.. Anyway, I would come back to this hotel if I would visit Hamburg again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FlorenceGhent

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The hotel is 1 mins away from the mani train station. Excellent location. I was on a business trip and I was really tired but unfortunately I found my room a bit noisy. My window faced the back street of the hotel. I was quite warm but when I opened the window the street was so loud so I had to close it. Also the wi-fi didn't work in my room. Breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great location across from the train station and they give you passes for the S-Bahn and U-Bahn. Huge water slide in the center of the hotel makes for great fun. Great pool and whirlpool also steam bath. Rooms very nice and have a sofa. Breakfast was also first class and lots of different things to choose from. This hotel is great for the kids.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front for a better view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Goldigsgirl
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've usually found that hotels near the train station in a European city are fairly seedy. But, this is about the nicest I've seen, and it's literally right across the street from the station.

We stayed here 2 nights in early August. At first look, the fairly new purple carpet clashes terribly with the red marble, but once you get over that, it's really a pretty nice hotel. Clean room, comfortable bed, and good bathroom made for a pleasant stay. Pleasant enough front desk staff, but VERY busy, so we had to wait for our room. It was unusually hot (78 F), so the lack of A/C was noticeable; but they sent up a fan, which made things quite tolerable.

A couple of rather large, loud men created a terrible racket using the hotel's giant water slide (we were on the center courtyard) for a while, but they stopped before dark. Attached to the hotel is a Bavarian-style restaurant (Paulaner's Miraculum), with happy-hour beers and big German servings, especially of meat and potatoes (we're vegetarians, so it wasn't our style, but it LOOKED great, if you like meat, sausage, potatoes, and BIG servings.

The best part of our hotel-stay, though, was the included breakfast. On the mezzanine, they have 3 or 4 rooms of tables for their breakfast guests. I'd guess this included breakfast brings in a LOT of their business, as it was truly a full meal value. Buffet-style, and they have almost everything you can imagine for breakfast, from meats and cheeses, to eggs, to cereals, fruits, and a variety of breads/pastries. We also stayed at a 5* hotel in another part of town - they charged 28 Euros for breakfast. I can't imagine that it was any better than this was.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel is just opposite the railway station with nice indoor swimming pool, saunas and small fitness room. First 3 days free public transportation included.
The breakfast was very good with lots of choices.
The reason why I not rate 5 is that unfortunately there is NO air/con in the room, so it got really hot during the nights. Due to this mini bar soft drinks were free during the whole stay. I guess out of summer season it would be perfect.
Extremely service minded staff (except one lady serving at the breakfast room), helpful with booking musicals, harbor round trip, restaurant advices/bookings etc.

Room Tip: Room 521 - 5th floor facing the railway station with closed windows, it was not noisy at all. Really...
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The central location of the hotel, right opposite the Hauptbahnhof with great access to the main Hamburg shopping district of Moenckebergstrasse is in itself a major plus point. From here, everything the city has to offer is only a walk or a train-ride away, even to and from the airport.

The fact that the hotel had a sumer special of staying for 4 nights and paying for only 3 plus free use of public transport AND great free wifi throughout the hotel just makes this hotel the perfect choice to explore all that the city of Hamburg has to offer.

The front desk staff are helpful and friendly, the breakfast buffet is substantial with both hot and cold selections. The staff at breakfast provided brisk and friendly service in spite of the high volume of both domestic and international travellers.

The room was comfortable and well kitted out, we were told that the the non-alcoholic drinks in the mini-bar was free when we checked in. This is a nice touch from the hotel, considering that the weather was really hot whilst we were in Hamburg and a mini-bar that was restocked daily with cold water, juices and soft drinks was much appreciated. There is also a hexagonal, heated pool and a big waterslide, massage and beauty treatments are also available on the premises with fairly reasonable prices.

The only snag with the hotel is the fact that there is no airconditioning in the room so with the hot weather, it can be quite hot in the room even at night. And because of its central location close the the main train station, some city noise cannot be ruled out.

Otherwise, it's a good, recommendable place to based for a few nights in Hamburg.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We chose the Europäischer Hof because of its location and because it is a privately owned hotel.
We took advantage of a special offer, 4 nights for the price of three. The room price included breakfast, which was an excellent buffet , and free use of public transport.
We were not disappointed . Twenty five minutes with the S1 from the airport and a few seconds to cross the road, and there we were!
The staff were very friendly and helpful. I am a German speaker but the receptionist was happy to speak English to my husband when necessary.
Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking a rear courtyard which meant it was very quiet. Although there was a lift, we had to walk up a flight of quite steep stairs to reach our room- worth knowing if you have mobility problems. The room was a reasonable size with a large German-style bed, sitting area with armchairs ,desk, TV, mini bar and bathroom with a huge modern shower.
There is an excellent Wellness facility with pool, jacuzzi, saunas etc.
We had dinner on 2 occasions in the restaurant , Miraculum, a very good traditional German pub.
We would certainly use this hotel again

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple