“One of Europe's Best”
Review of Park Hyatt Hamburg

Park Hyatt Hamburg
Ranked #5 of 321 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed July 22, 2006

I stayed at the Park Hyatt in Hamburg for only one night in July and can only say that this is a truly excellent hotel. Staff is very friendly and highly professional. They will do whatever possible to accommodate every request. The Park Suite that I stayed in was very nicely decorated, and the bed was exceptionally comfortable with very fine sheets. Breakfast was excellent and service was prompt. Overall you would have to look hard to find a fault with this place. I just regret that I could not stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank 714arthurz
Write a ReviewReviews (2,561)

Reviewed June 6, 2006

I had very high expectations when I arrived at Park Hyatt in Hamburg on a Saturday afternoon. On the spur of the moment I had decided on a trip and was delighted to find I could get too nights with breakfast at a reasonable price.

During my three day visited I did on occasion feel the hotel didn’t measure up to standard and at other times I felt it did indeed. My final feeling is that Park Hyatt is a place I’ll visit again.

Here’s why: I visited a hotel under siege. Some vip VIP’s where visiting at the same time as I was. That meant police guards around the hotel and security guards all over the place, it even meant going through metal detectors coming and going.

Overall this was a big intrusion on me as a regular guest and I was a bit surprised that the hotel made absolutely no attempt to compensate the inconvenience for the rest of us. A complimentary something in the room would be nice.

Also I guess the amount of people staying there made work for housekeeping overwhelming. My room was not made up at 2 pm Sunday when I returned from an outing. It took fully 45 minutes before that happened and housekeeping was banging around in the rooms near mine until almost 6 pm.

On the other hand – this hotel is in an unbeatable location – but do ask for a room facing the courtyard, busses and late-night city walkers are a bit of a nuisance in the rooms facing the street.

The rooms are spectacular – with almost a full third given over to a hedonistic bathroom. I was however a bit surprised that a five star hotel has such low quality bath products in garish colors.

The Apples restaurant is lovely - I had dinner one night and enjoyed the breakfast where most is buffet style but they cook eggs, pancakes and french toast to order.

But I must say that what finally clinched it for me was the wellness area. This hotel has the largest indoor pool I’ve ever seen in a regular hotel. It’s big enough for several people swimming for exercise and still leaves room for a couple of kids to play too. Also steam room, saunas, cold plunge pool and a big fitness area.

Other people have made a note of nudeness in the wellness area – don’t let it scare you it’s only in the steam room and saunas you most be covered in the pool and jazucci.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank Andreadoria56
Reviewed March 31, 2006

I stayed here in november 05 and again in jan 06. what a wonderfull hotel! Hamburg itself is not a tourist city but wo go to the hyatt because it is perfect for a relaxing break. shops are outside the door and a lively irish bar down the road. Apples restaurant is superb for breakfast and dinner and the staff are absolutely brilliant. The rooms are spacious and luxurious. The sauna and pool area is fantastic, so relaxing. nudity is normal which was a new experience but it was very refreshing. will return for sure.

• Stayed: November 2005
8  Thank wacker
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 24, 2006

Oh my. I'm an American internationl business traveller and have had my share of hotel stays, but I was stunned just as I entered the lobby of this place. Total and utter amazement. Flawless. I didn't want to leave my room, in fact I conducted as much business as I possibly could. By far, the finest and most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed. It doesn't surprise me that this hotel is rated #1. Well deserved.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 9, 2006

As a frequent traveller who is used to the luxury and great service of hotels in Asia, I did not expect to find what I consider the worlds best city hotel, in Hamburg, Germany ... but we did. Believe every good review you read on this hotel. The rooms, the ambience, location, the budiling and the service are all exceptional. The staff are as good as, if not better than the best in Asia. Porfessional, yet friendly, and quickly and confidently moving from English to Germany. It is hard to find any fault, and my only disapointment was the gym which was located in a windowless basement. The equipment though was in good condition and otherwise well equiped.
If your travels take you to Hamburg, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2006
11  Thank CBHK88
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed February 19, 2006

I chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews and I have to say it was one of the best I've been to. I don't usually feel compelled to write but this place is fantastic. Great rooms, staff, facilities and location. If you're in Hamburg stay here.

• Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 8, 2006

We stayed there for 1 week in December 2004
and loved it.
Very good location and excellent Spa & Sauna and swimming facility.
December is good time to visit as they have night market very near the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2004