Park Hyatt Hamburg
  • Room Service
$202
$196
2,658 results
All reviewsapples restaurantthe club loungeshopping arcadel'occitane toiletriesclub olympusking roomconcierge deskexcellent hotelother star hotelsrain showertrain stationrooms are spaciousthe location is perfecthotel is centrally locatedthe ground floorbreakfast buffet isbeautiful city
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Park Hyatt is an excellent hotel right in the center of Hamburg. I went there with my wife for a weekend shopping trip and the location is perfect for that as it is located right in the middle of Moenckebergstrasse, the main shopping street of Hamburg. The service at the hotel is absolutely outstanding for a European hotel, the rooms are nice and modern and the buffet in the breakfast restaurant is great. This time we stayed at the club floor, but I don't think that gives value for money so thats the only thing I would not recommend

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken so much of your valuable time to post your comments about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Hamburg. In particular, thank you for your lovely comments about our service, the interior of our guest rooms as well as the breakfast at our Apples Restaurant. It will be a great pleasure to share your kind words with my team.

We look forward to welcome you back to Hamburg in the near future.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Been to Germany many times, this is my first visit to Hamburg. The hotel is maybe 100m from the hauptbanhof (train station) so that makes it very convenient. The hotel is very close to the major shopping areas, city hall maybe 500m, and to the waterfront area maybe 400m.

I had what i assume to be a basic room. Very large nice bath, awesome shower. Great water pressure and awesome clean huge towels. Bed is very comfortable and internet is very fast. I had an interior room which guarantees complete quiet-but views into a central courtyard so i have natural light, when/if the sun comes out!

Spa area is huge, cold plunge, saunas, steam, whirlpool and giant swimming pool.

Well done, very clean, stay here again for sure

Great service, nice hotel, very nice room. total 5 stars hit for me.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank WorldTravelRod

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to rate Park Hyatt Hamburg. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and appreciate your comments about our location as well as the interior of our guest rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Park Hyatt Hamburg in the future!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Room on 3rd floor facing main shopping street with lots of cars, buses, people and a night club gave us sleepless nights. Breakfast: 32 EUR Parking: 30 EUR Extras far too expensive. Had to use 2 elevators to get in and out which is kind of a nuisance when staying on the 3rd floor. Getting to the gym/spa you will have to walk through lobby area which isn't nice at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Hausse
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Firstly, I want to thank you for rating Park Hyatt Hamburg on TripAdvisor. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay at our hotel. I regret that you were disturbed by noise from outside during your stay and did not have the opportunity to enjoy a good night’s sleep. We hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Hamburg in the future, and we would be delighted to assign a room in the inner courtyard for you.

I regret also that you felt inconvenienced having to change elevators to reach our Club Olympus Spa & Fitness. Due to the structure of the historic building Park Hyatt Hamburg is located in, unfortunately there is no other option to reach our spa area.

Nevertheless we would be pleased to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Hamburg in the future.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

wrote another review years ago, but for now its time to add some more pictures of the suite, I'm staying in actually.

Nice hotel as well, great service and perfect place for business or to explore the city of Hamburg

Room Tip: Try to book a club room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Mr. Henning,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always a pleasure having you staying with us.

We look forward to welcome you back to Hamburg in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed in the Park Hyatt Hamburg on a business trip and must say this hotel ticked all the boxes for a luxury hotel.
The very central location was perfect for all my client meetings and the closeness to the Alster make it great for a morning jog. The building itself is very classic with a wood finish throughout adding to the high-end style.
At check-in, the female receptionist was not only polite and friendly but genuinely courteous in her manner and I felt very welcome at my late evening arrival. At another occasion, I encountered a less sensitive male receptionist but the previous and following positive interactions with his female colleagues made up for his slightly rough attitude.
I rarely use a bathtub in a hotel, as I don’t often find one that appeals to me and makes me want to relax. But the bathroom in the Park Hyatt was absolutely perfect; modern and clean with separate rainforest shower unit next to the tub creating a small wet room. The Occitane bath bubble supply was additionally appealing (although I must say their shampoos are pretty bad quality). The bed was very comfortable and the TV programs (on a good size Bang & Olufsen screen) were international enough, even covering JSTV (Japanese satellite TV). The breakfast buffet was of reasonable quality for a hotel of this level with enough diversity to please everyone.
So once I’ve emphasized that everything else was great as well, I’d like to come to the part that was absolutely the best part of my stay: the spa. Despite arriving at 10pm, I still had plenty of time to make use of the 20m pool, whirlpool and sauna. It’s open until midnight and reopens at 6am, superbly catering for busy business people demands and something many hotels miss (how often did I arrive at a fabulous hotel just to find out I’m too late to make any use of it).Apart from the spa, the gym is accessible 24 hrs as well. Many hotels at this level do have high end spa facilities but often only have a 10m pool, which is utterly useless for anyone apart from people who want to just float or walk a few meters and is an illegitimate claim to having a pool. At 20m, conditions are still not perfect but it’s definitely big enough to have a short swim at the end of the day. Especially late at night, with few people around, it was the perfect environment to unwind for me.
Totally nitpicking at this point, if there is anything to improve, it’s the internet connection that costs extra. But I was kindly informed by the front office manager today after my survey feedback to my stay, that this will be complimentary from January 2014. This wasn’t part of my stay, but I’m positively surprised at the speed of response from the manager based on my survey. Quite often, I feel like my survey responses just go out to nowhere and it’s nice to know this was looked at so quickly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank yvonneb1412

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your last stay at Park Hyatt Hamburg.

Our guests’ satisfaction is what motivates our team to keep on providing outstanding service and offering such personal attention to our guests. So, you can be sure that I will share your appraisal with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Kind regards,