“Convenient hotel for business or pleasure”
Review of Park Hyatt Hamburg

Park Hyatt Hamburg
Ranked #5 of 322 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed November 17, 2013

A lovely hotel with very attentive service. It was very well situated for shopping and seeing the city. The room was spacious with high ceilings and great blackout curtains. The meeting rooms were comfortable and well catered.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular, thank you for your kind comments about our guest and meeting rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Park Hyatt Hamburg in the future!

Tashi Takang

Write a ReviewReviews (2,570)

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel is situated only a few blocks from the central train station so there is no need for a taxi. Check in was fast my requested room (with king bed) was available.

The room was booked at the "Senior" advanced purchase rate of EUR 174.25 without breakfast. I found the buffet breakfast to be a bit pricy (about EUR 35.00). The room was spacious and the bath/shower area was very clean with the appropriate amenities.

I have stayed at this hotel several times and always found it to be an excellent experience. My only criticism on this stay would be in the bar/lounge where the service was a bit slow to get my bill, but I have experienced much worse elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DrHumbug
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to rate Park Hyatt Hamburg. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular, thank you for your lovely comments about the rooms and location of our hotel. I would like to apologize for the slow service, you had experienced at our Apples Bar. I've already talked to our bartender about it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I think definitely one of the best Hyatt's there is, great service and location with superb surroundings and even the promise of free WIFI in the future. I pick a Hyatt if I have never been somewhere before and that stood me in good stead here. all bedroom/bathroom facilities first class.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for your very positive feedback. I highly appreciate it and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experiences during your recent stay at Park Hyatt Hamburg.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel in the future!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

A recent stay at the Park Hyatt Hamburg reaffirmed many of the nice comments made by others. Convenient, beautiful location, spacious rooms, excellent service, etc. But this hotel lives in the '90's when it comes to the internet. For a premium hotel to be charging guests for wi-fi connection is unbelievable. Even budget hotels provide wi-fi today and it is inappropriate for a premium hotel to be doing this.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to rate Park Hyatt Hamburg.

I read your comments about the internet charges. I agree that charging for Internet use is not sustainable anymore. Therefore we have decided that Park Hyatt Hamburg will offer free unlimited WiFi for all of our guests. For the current year we still have fixed contracts with our provider, therefore we will be starting this from January 2014 onwards.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel is just great. Stayed only 1 night there and did not want to leave. The staff is OK, not extreemly friendly, but fine.
The room is luxurious, gorgeous with very nice bathroom.

The SPA- center with swimming pool and sauna's is open till 23h - it is just great to use it in the evening after a busy day. You can go there directly from your room in a bathrobe, but you have to pass by the reception, that was not an issue for me.

The breakfast was also fine.

I would definetely stay there again.
If you look for luxury - go there!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to rate Park Hyatt Hamburg. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I appreciate your comments about our rooms and spa. For your reference, our spa area with pool and sauna is even open until midnight. Hotel guests are able to use the gym 24 hours a day - just ask our staff at the reception if you would like to take advantage of it.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed only one night, but it was brilliant stay - spotless, stylish, spacious room, great shower/bath gadgets and excellent location - just on the shopping street, but noise didn't touch our room. Definitely worth to stay here if you have a possibility.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ola B

Dear TripAdvisor User,

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Flawless. This German efficiency at the best. Everything in perfectly working condition. Nice location, well appointed room and even though it was a busy period, during my stay, the rate charged was bad. The club lounge is perfect for to conduct short meetings, and work. Great evening snacks and reasonable choice of drinks.

I would really recommend this hotel for who wish to travel to Hamburg and if I happen to be in Hamburg, I'll stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular, thank you for your nice comment about our club lounge.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future!