“THE PERFECT CHOICE IN HAMBURG”
Review of Park Hyatt Hamburg

Park Hyatt Hamburg
Ranked #4 of 319 Hotels in Hamburg
Sao Paulo, SP
“THE PERFECT CHOICE IN HAMBURG”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Park Hyat in Hamburg is a perfect choice for a stay in Hamburg for leisure or business.
The location is excellent, close to Central Railway Station and many city attractions.
The rooms are very modern and beautifully decorated. The restaurant APPLES serves wonderful breakfast and its bar is very cozy. The staff is polite and friendly.
I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The restaurant APPLES is a good option for lunch or dinner.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular, thank you for your lovely comments about the breakfast at our Apples restaurant and especially about our team. It will be a great pleasure to share your kind words with my colleagues.

Kind regards,

Tashi Takang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Newport, South Wales
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I decided on this hotel for a recent weekend in Hamburg due to its convenient location, high ranking on this website and also the fact that breakfast is served until 2pm at weekends: unimportant for some but very important to me! The cost was rather more than I would normally want to pay but it was worth all that I paid.

I arrived on a damp Friday night but from the minute I walked into the ground floor vestibule area (the main lobby and reception are on the second floor) I felt I had entered an oasis of calm and efficiency.

The reception and main lobby comprise a long, wide wooden floored area with a few carefully positioned seats. Check in was swiftly completed and I was allocated a room on the sixth floor facing one of the main shopping centre streets although I wouldn't have known it as the room was totally silent.

The attention to detail in the design of the room and its accessories was extremely impressive. It included so many things that one wishes for but seldom finds: a telephone in the toilet, a separate bath and shower (although both in a wet room area), a cordless telephone, a clock in the bathroom as well as a digital bedside clock, an umbrella, digital weighing scales, a special dim light which you can switch on if you get up in the night, an electrical and communications plug cabinet which included UK and European plug sockets together with wired internet plug and Apple device connection to play music etc through the sound system to name just a few.

There is air conditioning that actually works properly and reliable fast wifi (30 minutes free each day then 3 euros an hour or 18 euros for 24 hours). It was nice to see bed linen changed each day and an evening turn down service. I could go on for ages about the comfort of the room but I can just say that it was one of the most comfortable rooms in which I have ever stayed in over 50 years of staying in hotels in numerous locations.

As already stated breakfast was served until a very relaxing 2pm on weekends and I went down just after 1pm on both Saturday and Sunday and found everything fresh and constantly replenished. There is a wide ranging buffet with numerous fresh items including fruits, cheeses, cooked meats and a good selection of fresh breads. There are also hot dishes available on the buffet or cooked to order if requested. One little niggle is that coffee is served by the waiting staff and on a couple of occasions, it proved difficult to attract their attention to secure a refill.

I did not use the bar or the restaurant for any other meals but the bar looked very pleasant and although I am now an ex smoker, I was delighted to see a separate smoking room available adjoining the bar from which no fumes escaped.

Staff throughout the hotel were courteous and efficient but not too familiar: just as I like it.

A couple of minor negatives (and one really has to look hard to find any) were that on Monday afternoon 20 May, there was no soap in either of the soap dispensers in the second floor Gents toilet despite the area having just been serviced by a staff member. I should also mention that I booked a rate that included a ticket for the Hamburg Garden Festival. I had no intention of visiting the festival but it was the cheapest bed and breakfast rate available. However, this was never mentioned when I checked in and I was never offered the free ticket. Finally (although probably my own fault) there was nothing to indicate that Monday 20 May was a national holiday in Germany so I struggled to get down to breakfast around 10am only to find that they were actually serving until 2pm!

I must also mention that there is a spa and gymnasium in the basement area which I looked round briefly but did not visit during my stay. Access is free to residents.

I was able to secure a late check out at 3pm without extra cost and after that my luggage was kept safely for a couple of hours before my departure.

Overall an excellent stay in a particularly well run and maintained hotel. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in central Hamburg.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank topfca
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your last stay at Park Hyatt Hamburg.

Our guests’ satisfaction is what motivates our team to keep on providing outstanding service and offering such personal attention to our guests. So, you can be sure that I will share your appraisal with my colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Kind regards,

Tashi Takang
Denmark
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My expectations were high because of the no 1. ranking here at tripadvisor, but they were greatly exceeded! From the moment of arrival, service, standards and atmosphere was world class and I must admit that this has been the best hotel stay ever. And I've visited a lot!
Went with my wife for a weekend, two nights.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HansTP
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Perfect location for train, subway, harbor, river. in the center of great shopping not full of the usually multi-national shops. It is a city of Art and design
Wonderful restaurants. A bit noisy from some construction near the south side of the building.
Stay in the north side rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bristolroad
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed three nights in April. Had read somewhere that this could be the best hotel in Germany and I think that is reasonable to say. Beutifully designed hotel with good blend of vintage and new, and excellent service. Very good pool, which is long enough for laps. Easy walking distance from train station while lugging bags, and then close to everything else. One negative is that it is not on either of the lakes, and thus no lake views, but just a few minutes walk from both city center lakes. Maritime Museum, which is close was a surprise. It's spectacular.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Singapore57
Saint-Denis, Reunion Island
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Had to stay 2 nights in Hamburg to visit a friend on my way back home. Location is spot-on! As central as you can get and a true dream for any shopaholic. Coming from Leipzig by train, you only need to walk for like 5 minutes from the station. The main reception is on the 2nd floor, on the ground floor you'll find the help you need for luggage and taxis. Was a little worried when I took the elevator to go to the lobby as it showed loads of signs of wear but that wasn't a problem afterwards as everything was what you'd expect from a place like this. Check in was fast and room was ready when I arrived. Pretty spacious, large windows, unfortunately only had a view on a building and other windows (323). The bed was awesome, a true king bed that truly makes you feel like a king. Very nice bathroom and shower. The only problem with the shower was that the water would not drain off properly and as a result would stagnate all night long and I absolutely hate that, having to soak my feet in cold water when I wake up. Apart from that, no problem in sight. You get loads of switches for the lights, so many actually you spend your time wondering which to use before being able to able to go to bed. Nice TV, onto which you can plug in your mp3 device. The system was so complicated I didn't even manage to turn it off properly.
Had no time for Spa and restaurant, However breakfast was great, with great service and large selection. However, I found it hard to believe that I couldn't have anything with potatoes at 7.30 A.m like fries or wedges or pommes sautées which they offer in many Mercure hotels for instance!!!!!! A let-down for sure!
So overall a very pleasant stay, recommended hotel. The price was a bit steep I thought but then again, we're talking 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank beautifullydepressed
Brisbane
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Rooms modern and well furnished. All the staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Very accoimidating with latch check-out.
Club lounge has a good selection of continental breakfast and evening drinks/snacks.
Great location surrounded by shops etc.
Would definately staf again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business