“Disgusting !!!”

Novum Hotel Konigshof Hamburg
Ranked #274 of 321 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Dirty, smelling, sticky !! There are no other words to explain how bad is this place !!
Materass are old damaged and they really stink !! Disgusting !!
In the reception some of the hotel staffs are not even able to speak in english and the place all around is extremely dirty !
If you going to this Hotel make sure to provide yourself the tetanus vaccine !!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ufficiale

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I got an extremely good rate of €34.50 for one night (room, own shower, shared toilet) was very happy with this. It was very central being about a 10 min walk from the train station. The staff were friendly and the room was clean but quite small. The street is quiet with very little traffic. For a short stop in Hamburg I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: There are only two floors but there is no lift/elevator so if you have a really heavy bag, choose th...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JaKenn
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Perfect hotel for a good night of sleep. Centrally located near the Main train station. Parking can be a bit tricky, but I've always found a place to park on the street right outside the hotel. They also have a car park lot for 8 Euros. The best part is the very good breakfast. A great selection of typical German breakfast food. This hotel is a good value for the price.
The hotel is great for straight or gay travelers, but it is very convenient to gay venues if that is your thing.

Room Tip: pay the extra to get a room with a bathroom/shower in the room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank floydntexas
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Really, just 5 minutes from Central Station. Friendly staff, private parking 50 m from hotel. So, I was satisfied. May be, there are small rooms with strange design here, but it does not important for me.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlienR
Reviewed September 11, 2009

How this hotel got 3 stars is beyond me. Perhaps it was once a nice place but overall it's worn out, battered, and a bit grimey. I had room 25 - pokey (and judging by the floor plan there were smaller ones!) with a bathroom added on the interior. The bed was terrible - soft, spongey and well past its time. All the fixtures are scuffed, worn out, generally poor. The curtain was actually a shower curtain, not capable of blocking the light from the street outside. Breakfast was OK, not a patch on similar hotels I used during my trip. Service very dull and 'chain' oriented. No personality whatever... They still want to keep your key when you go out for the day. And then there's the posse who hang out in the Pulverteich under the windows. In short, Hamburg has better!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank packmutt
Reviewed August 29, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel for short stays over several years. When it was gay or gay friendly the atmosphere was cozy and the refurbishment was good.
Now it appears to be part of a very ordinary chain of hotels. We always have stayed in room 13 as I don't like to climb stairs. It is a relatively large double room but has a tiny bathroom. Over the years no improvements have been made.
The breakfast was satisfactory and I cannot see much change in it.
During our stay our friend arrived and could not check in because the hotel's computer system was down. It appeared that as a result they did not know who was staying in which room nor which rooms were vacant. After several hours they finally were able to check our friend in. There is really little service; front desk was chaotic but not unfriendly.
We will look for a better hotel for our next stay in Hamburg

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Malcolm F
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I have stayed at Hotel Konigshof more than 15 times in the past 6 or 7 years. It has always been a gay-owned and managed guest house and widely advertised as such in publications. My stays have always been perfect. The staff friendly and helpful--in fact I knew them all by name. The location is perfect, just minutes by foot from the main train station. On my most recent stay--without any advance notice from the former or new owners I was very dismayed to walk in and find all has changed. It is now owned by some hotel consortium. In short there is no gay presence at all, the staff is indifferent, full payment was demanded immediately and only after did I learn I was not given my usual and reserved room but a smaller one. In addition when I saw the internet rates posted were significantly lower and requested an adjustment I was given off-putting answers and before departure was told I'd have to write to a central person...who sent a brief reply weeks later refusing any adjustment. Other annoying changes: the breakfast spread is terrible compared to the elegantance of before and the desk actually wanted me to leave my key everytime I came and went! "You might lose it!". I will never go back. And gay travelers should be advised that this is no longer the HK we've always loved staying at.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo