“Great experience”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Neustadt
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I travel to Hamburg frequently with my job. I had heard a lot of good about this place, and have finally been able to squeeze it in. I was not disappointed.

I had a very brief meal and would certainly like to come back for a longer experience with friends. The squid-ink spaghetti with crayfish, fresh green asparagus and pepperoncini was outstanding. It arrived very fast and right-out-of-the-pan-hot. A fine glass of Barbera d'Asti accompanied it.

The high quality of the food left me feeling very satisfied, and the reasonable prices made this a great experience.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Great authentic Italian food in a cosy restaurant. No menu but the friendly knowledgeable staff guide you through the nights food choices. The tirimasu was fantastic. A little pricy but worth it with the good food.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Great wine. Awesome food and great service. Friendly staff. No menu, but the waiter will tell you todays specials or make something especially for you and your taste.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Managed to get in just as a party were leaving, so lucky as this is a busy, popular place. Asked for a menu only to be told by the waiter, "I AM the MENU". He then proceeded to detail what we could expect for our meal, and like other reviewers we thought " What the ----" and went for it. We were not disappointed, each and every dish was beautiful and the house wine very quaffable. Quite possibly the best Italian food we've ever had. Only downside is that it is a little bit jam-packed when it is busy, But oh ! that food !

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

What can I say, food great, service friendly and attentive, pleasant rustic surroundings... If you love good Italian food this is the place in hamburg without doubt, simply faultless