“Sehr traurig...”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hoheluft-Ost
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our last dinning at Poletto Winebar was truly a unforgettable "bad" experience... After a nice mis-treatment by the manager, who had nothing to say but "Ihre Art gefaellt Mir nicht", when I needed to return my plate after I have explicitly specified my lactose allergy and was served a risotto with pesto with Parmesan cheese... When we asked to pack up the dish as we were requested to pay for the risotto that I could not eat after the first bite, the glorious reply was "machen Sie sich nicht laecherlich"... really? Franci, you are a joke as hospitality manager.

Dear Ms. Cornelia, I truly hope people do not mistaken the Winebar with your wonderful restaurant... :-(

2  Thank HCY1256

Reviewed March 13, 2013

That looks very nice, but it is not the Poletto Winebar .
It is a very relaxed place, sport an impressive wine list, and the food is certainly very decent.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

A pretentious wine bar, maybe but a restaurant , never! This place has crazy prices and service which suggests they don't care too much about a satisfied customer. We waited an age for a tiny bowl of pasta which despite being returned was still too undercooked to eat. They can't open oysters and you risk eating shell. Not once despite a number of observations and complaints did we get a sorry
It's s long time since I have left a restaurant hungry and with an overriding sense I have been ripped off.

1  Thank PWG63
Reviewed November 19, 2012

A delightful, cozy Italian restaurant in Hamburg. The staff are multi-lingual (sprinkling in Italian here and there) and oh so friendly! The wine list is extensive, with bottles of prosecco on ice displayed as soon as you walk in. Your server will convine you that you cna't live without it- and he/she is right! The truffle pizza appetizer can easily make a meal! amazing cheese trays and breadsticks like you have never tasted! It was so awesome I went back for a second visit!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Nothing to complain about. The food was good, wine list extensive, service attentive, and it is right outside our flat, which is an added bonus!