“Best Steak in Germany! Imported Nebraska beef....USA...”

Butcher's American Steakhouse
Ranked #404 of 3,994 Restaurants in Hamburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A carnivore's heaven. The menu: clearly structured, but complete. The best steaks, with classic side dishes such as creamed spinach and corn on the cob, preceded by prawn cocktails and succeeded by cheesecake - what more could you ask for? Great staff with flair who are skilled at what they do? No problem. A corresponding wine from Africa, or maybe from France? Of course. And great surroundings? You bet. There is minimalist decor: a log fire, wood tables, candles, warm colours on the walls, a few pictures.
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Best Steak in Hamburg!
Had an amazing prime rib, imported on slow boat, from Nebraska USA, where it is aged....this is not sad German beef, that you get at as chain like, block house, and called steak ..this is a world class restaurant, with incredible tasting beef, and the vegetables, service, and the wine, was outstanding! Remember the price is for reason, this is imported premium cow,....like you would expect with Wolfgang Puck, or someplace in New York.......worth every penny....

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have never had a better steak, anywhere, Go from small (200g Fillet) to humungus 1300g Porterhouse (Tenderloin & New York Strip combined), with whatever sauce takes your fancy.

Vegetable portions huge too.

Butcher's is located in Hamburg's delightful Pöseldorf area, with plenty of smart pubs (more than bars) within walking distance.

Cheap it is not.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

As I am vegetarian and my husband loves meat (what an irony), it is usually hard to find a great place for both of us to eat. Butcher's was a good balance for that. I had scallops, which were quite good and his steak, what ever was called:), was good as well. As We were informed, from our hotel staff, that this was the best steak restaurant in the Hamburg, we had to give it a try. We did both enjoy it, but we always agree ( I was a meat eater before ) that our best steaks were prepared in the US. The Butcher's was simply decorated restaurant, in a western style with a friendly staff.

1  Thank Barbara d
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I wouldn't call this a "steakhouse" because that immediately makes me think of a huge noisy place with waiters shuffling trays around. This place is quiet, very nicely decorated. The whole experience lived up to some of the best steak restaurant experiences I ever had in the US. Great meat selection, amazing quality and preparation. The service is unobtrusive and super-friendly, the wine we were recommended was a serendipitous find. I'd go as far as saying: If you like steak and happen to be in Hamburg, you have to go!

1  Thank pg-bremen
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Ate a good meal here in a group of 5. The steaks are very good indeed and tender with a great selection of cuts to choose from. A couple of people had the crab cakes which although tasty were quite heavy. I had rare tuna salad which was very good. We had a mixture of Rib Eye, Filet and NY Strip steaks, all delicious although two of the steaks came out not quite cooked as requested. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would recommend if you are in a meat mood, some of the steaks are massive...be hungry!